Krispe Kreme Donuts Coming To Paragon

Chunky1

To eat the original warm glazed KK Doughnut itself is like savouring a nibble of heaven.

But it's insanely overpriced, and frankly the glazed is the only one worth buying.

When it comes to a nibble of heaven, I'll have sticky rice and fresh mango.

And soon Thailand will be a beautiful place were you won't have to choose :D

MMMMMM a slice of fresh slightly chilled ripe mango and a bit of warm sticky rice smothered in coconut milk. Then a fresh KK glazed doughnut washed down with a cold glass of milk.

Yeah that's gonna be real nice.

Oohh and for lunch, a Krispe Kreme bacon cheese burger....nom nom nom!

krispy-kreme-bacon-cheddar-cheeseburgers.jpg

To eat the original warm glazed KK Doughnut itself is like savouring a nibble of heaven.

But it's insanely overpriced, and frankly the glazed is the only one worth buying.

When it comes to a nibble of heaven, I'll have sticky rice and fresh mango.

And soon Thailand will be a beautiful place were you won't have to choose :D

MMMMMM a slice of fresh slightly chilled ripe mango and a bit of warm sticky rice smothered in coconut milk. Then a fresh KK glazed doughnut washed down with a cold glass of milk.

Yeah that's gonna be real nice.

Oohh and for lunch, a Krispe Kreme bacon cheese burger....nom nom nom!

krispy-kreme-bacon-cheddar-cheeseburgers.jpg

That is clucking gross!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've eaten them, and I don't get it, at all...

I was living in L.A. when they first started opening stores there, and indeed, there were lines out the door and cars lined up in the streets, similar to what you might expect every day at an In and Out Burger shop... Later, they opened a couple shops at the large university where I was working, and I believe, had the doughnuts delivered there so many times per day from a nearby retail store...

People used to bring boxes of their doughnuts to the office as gifts or for treats and such... As far as I could tell, pretty much just another glazed doughnut, nothing special.

Now, when I was in high school, I earned money for some school activities by getting a concession for selling day-old Winchell's doughnuts on campus, including cinammon rolls and their apple/cinammon spice fritters... That latter variety remains my all-time favorite....crispy brown on the outside, moist and soft on the inside, chunks of apple mixed into the batter, all infused with cinammon, probably double the size and weight of a typical doughnut.... MMMMmmmmmm........

• 3 weeks later...

Between KFC, KKD, and McD, I wonder how long it will be before we start seeing the obesity epidemic in Asia that you see all over the U.S.? Not only does it taste bad, but, as George Carlin used to say, "Its bad for ya."

Well,just look around...lots of Thais are getting fat!

In re George Carlin...the man had heart attacks attributed to extensive long-term drug use. Take health advise from someone else.

Lots of farlang are fat !

A new fad. The crowds will last a month or so and then start petering out when the fad dies(Like that Mr. Bun place). They were handing out boxes full to offices in Bangkok a few weeks ago as a build up to the opening. Tried one, don't know what the fuss is about. Very ordinary.

Based on some of the responses, it would appear that some posters need to find something to do to engage their minds. Going ape over the opening of a donut shop seems very weird (pathetic) to me. Jeez!!! :)

I was in America during the early KKD days and yes, the fad was at its zenith. People were lining up every time a new store opened. And the new stores were opening up like 7/11's in the LOS. And I have to admit, those glazed donuts straight out of the oven literally melted in your mouth. Sort of like eating a hand full of sugar...if you're into that sort of thing.

But as I recall, the Atkins diet craze was also happening at about the time the KKD's were starting to fade. It really helped to accelerate the decline. That, and of course, gross mismanagement at the corporate level. May be a hit in Thailand because the Thais just love all things sweet. And this thing is sweet like I've never seen.