Deputy PM Suthep Confirms Possible Assassination Attempt Rumor

webfact

Suthep confirms possible assassination attempt rumor

BANGKOK (NNT) – Deputy Prime Minister for Security Affairs Suthep Thaugsuban admits receiving there are reports of possible assassination to be attempted on important figures but no report of anticipating violence in the upcoming opposition rallies during the upcoming red-shirt rallies on 19 September.

Deputy Prime Minister Suthep said he has instructed the police to tighten security although there has been no concrete information from intelligence agency on violence that may occur during the United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship’s (UDD) demonstration. Meanwhile, the authorities have already assigned officers to guard the public figures who reportedly have been targeted for assassination.

The UDD has announced to stage their rallies in Bangkok and Chiang Mai on 19 September to mark the 4th anniversary of the 2006 military coup.

Regarding the assassination attempt, the authorities have already assigned officers to guard the public figures who reportedly have been targeted for assassination. The killing attempt rumor was earlier unveiled by Special Security Police Commander Police Major General Treetot Ronnaritthichai before it was confirmed by the deputy prime minister.

Deputy Prime Minister voiced a concern about the Police Major General’s press release of sensitive information as this which could cause panic to the public but admitted receiving such report as well.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2010-09-09 footer_n.gif

Deputy Prime Minister for Security Affairs Suthep Thaugsuban admits receiving there are reports of possible assassination to be attempted on important figures but no report of anticipating violence in the upcoming opposition rallies during the upcoming red-shirt rallies on 19 September.

Can someone translate this into English for me?

BANGKOK (NNT) – Deputy Prime Minister for Security Affairs Suthep Thaugsuban admits receiving there are reports of possible assassination to be attempted on important figures but no report of anticipating violence in the upcoming opposition rallies during the upcoming red-shirt rallies on 19 September.

Deputy Prime Minister Suthep said he has instructed the police to tighten security although there has been no concrete information from intelligence agency on violence that may occur during the United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship's (UDD) demonstration. Meanwhile, the authorities have already assigned officers to guard the public figures who reportedly have been targeted for assassination.

The UDD has announced to stage their rallies in Bangkok and Chiang Mai on 19 September to mark the 4th anniversary of the 2006 military coup.

Regarding the assassination attempt, the authorities have already assigned officers to guard the public figures who reportedly have been targeted for assassination. The killing attempt rumor was earlier unveiled by Special Security Police Commander Police Major General Treetot Ronnaritthichai before it was confirmed by the deputy prime minister.

Deputy Prime Minister voiced a concern about the Police Major General's press release of sensitive information as this which could cause panic to the public but admitted receiving such report as well.

who writes this nonsense, basically the whole report is full of hyperbole, guesses, hearsay and then attempted to be given credence by saying suthep confirms the information, unbelievable garbage.

Edited by random

blah blah blah, yes i am important and have something to say, listen to me, blah blah blah, assassination is new word for me, don't know myself, violence blah blah, fish sauce bombs, blah blah, not problems with my car, blah blah.

Deputy Prime Minister for Security Affairs Suthep Thaugsuban admits receiving there are reports of possible assassination to be attempted on important figures but no report of anticipating violence in the upcoming opposition rallies during the upcoming red-shirt rallies on 19 September.

If you don't mind, I'd rather have my tongue beaten wafer-thin by a steak tenderizer and then stapled to the floor with a croquet hoop.

(the late captain E. Blackadder)

More Government propaganda, Another reason for them to keep the emergency rule in place. :rolleyes:

Could you please elaborate, my dear chap?

I made that statement out of my belief of the situation, regardless of how poorly the original story was written, or other peoples opinions.

There's always more to these stories than meets the eye?

I am a conspiracy theorist, so it is only natural for me to think this way. :)

More Government propaganda, Another reason for them to keep the emergency rule in place. :rolleyes:

Please provide plausible reasons why the government would prefer the SoE remain in place.

As any "anti- government" supporter would think this way, as it is a means to keep certain areas under tight government control.

I guess you don't support conspiracies theories, either here or for that matter in say the great US of A? etc. mmm.

An open mind is required when such unsubstantiated media reports are released. No?

I made that statement out of my belief of the situation, regardless of how poorly the original story was written, or other peoples opinions.

I can see that one fits the other. Not being a conspiracy theorist (I even believe NASA has had men on the moon :) ) I cannot agree with your conclusion as it is based on the wrong assumptions. I'm sure this will not surprise you. Next.

I have no faith in Thai government ability to enforce the law.

If they are really a viable government they should enforce the Bangkok emergency decree and disallowing any demonstration regardless of the reason

I can see that one fits the other. Not being a conspiracy theorist (I even believe NASA has had men on the moon :) ) I cannot agree with your conclusion as it is based on the wrong assumptions. I'm sure this will not surprise you. Next.

And I guess the bombs that have been found in certain areas recently were also surely planted by red anti government thugs? There could not be a 3rd party at play here?

Edited by sevenhills

Every day that the government keeps the SoE alive they are losing political clout and supporters amongst the electorate. I believe the Democrat leadership know this and would prefer not to have an SoE in effect anywhere.

Unfortunately recent history has shown us that the redshirt movement is violent, dangerous, and willing to target civilians and their businesses. It is for this reason that the government has not choice but to maintain an SoE in very limited areas.

The government has the duty to protect innocent civilians from harm. The SoE may or may not be effective in this, but it is the duty of the government to do what they can nevertheless. I suspect that the present government believes the SoE is a necessary evil to do just that - protect innocent citizens, their property, and their businesses.

Moreover, this government loses esteem and respect on the world stage for every day that the SoE remains in effect. It is bad press. While Western governments may agree that the SoE is necessary under present circumstance, they certainly have difficulty supporting it.

For these reasons I believe that government concern for the safety of Thai citizens and foreign tourists/expats is the primary driver for retaining the SoE.

That is my take on the situation anyway.

Edited by way2muchcoffee

And I guess the bombs that have been found in certain areas recently were also surely planted by red anti government thugs? There could not be a 3rd party at play here?

Which part of 'not agree' and 'next' didn't you understand ? And don't start telling me I'm closed-minded. You adhere to the GCT and I do not. That's all. Next.

Which part of 'not agree' and 'next' didn't you understand ? And don't start telling me I'm closed-minded. You adhere to the GCT and I do not. That's all. Next.

Agree.:)

aplogo.jpg

-- (c) Associated Press I have no faith in Thai government ability to enforce the law.

If they are really a viable government they should enforce the Bangkok emergency decree and disallowing any demonstration regardless of the reason

Have to agree, Imagine issuing the Police any directive that involves Reds? They will certainly carry that out. Nope. And then the emergency decree that says no more than 5 people or arrests (September 19). Nope. And then all the Twitter BS from Thakky about reconcilliation and now possible assignation attempts and police dispersed to protect the un-named top dogs? Nope.

The only 'yes' here is the PR verbal el torro poo poo. ohmy.gif

Police tailing black-clad conspirators suspected of plotting assassination

BANGKOK, 16 September 2010 (NNT) – A group of black-clad men believed to be plotting an assassination against the prime minister have been identified by police while a team of officers have been tailing the perpetrators closely to prevent possible attacks.

Speaking of the report on killing attempts against public figures, police revealed they have gathered information from the red-shirt protesters including the actor-turn-activist Methee Amornwutthikul, who were arrested during the April’s rally, about the terrorists clad in black.

The latest report was on the suspect who had undergone weapon training in Cambodia and is now hiding in Thailand. This man is reportedly very skilled; however, the police already received his identity and whereabouts and is taking a close surveillance.

Intelligence agency reports that the assassination rumor has been spreading since the anti-government demonstration occupied Bangkok’s Ratchaprasong Junction. The news says there is a group of perpetrators hiding in a luxurious high-rise apartment in Soi Sukhumvit 31 from which they can observe the premier’s residence clearly. The police have heightened the security around the prime minister’s premises and tasked a force to keep a close surveillance on the suspects.

Besides the authorities have also assigned officers to guard the public figures, who reportedly have been targeted for assassination especially as the red-shirt rallies are approaching.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2010-09-16 footer_n.gif

Speaking of the report on killing attempts against public figures, police revealed they have gathered information from the red-shirt protesters including the actor-turn-activist Methee Amornwutthikul, who were arrested during the April’s rally, about the terrorists clad in black.

Not surprising to learn that Methee has been ratting out his fellow Red Shirts/Black Shirts.

He's a bully (shown here beating up a much smaller, older man last year):

bullyv.jpg

and as is common with many bullies, once he's be made... he crumbles and squeals.

The Advocate for Red Free Speech and Peace Movement Methee in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZtMPR1Lyk8&feature=player_embedded#!

btw, the small old man was simply asking to get paid for the advertising work he had printed for Methee's political party, the PTP, and for that egregious offense, he gets pummeled.

As for the black shirt assassins, this squealer may wish to consider his position within his Red organization as he stands now.

Thug outfits usually don't take kindly to rats.

Edited by Buchholz

Don't be alarmed folks. That loud thud you just heard was just journalism being dropped to a new low.

I didn't realise it could get lower.

Imagine 'The Nation' being bought by Rupert Murdoch's 'News Corp', and shudder. :blink:

Although page-3 might become more interesting ? :whistling::D