Immigration Police Ordered To Facilitate Services

george

Off topic I know but similar experience when renewing driving licence and same rule o f thumb applies no matter how loud you yell it does not makepeople hear you any better.

Renewd licence last month all correct except only had 2004 version of embassy address verification - nice young lady advised you will need a new one - replied "will pop in and get one tomorow". Did not wait actally went in from Nonthaburi Pier using river boat & taxi - Thai lady at embassy said yes they like to have it with 05 and then kindly refused the offered fee 600/800 fee - politeness does pay off - returned to office they were pleasantly suprised i returned so quickly invited me in to sit - processed and out within 15 minutes. All in all a pleasant experience True story.. :o

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And who said I treated them disrespectfully??

I simply showed up as an innocent farang who needs to get that visa done. Now if they gonna work on a serious job like this one and behave like children, then its not my fault. These bitches who work there are arrogant, unwilling to help and LAZY. That's the word yeeeah.

Thug

It sounds like you might have gone straight up to

a Vacant Desk and maybe stood with your Documents held out?

ALL three actions - whilst normal behaviour to a Foreigner

- are all disrespectful in Thailand.

It is better to sit down in a Waiting Chair - and wait to be called.

When called - sit in front of the Desk - it is not polite to tower over the officer.

AND wait to be invited to hand over your documents rather than

to hold them out.

I have never in the 7 years visiting Suan Phlu

had any problem - many others say the same.

So the Conclusion must be that the Problem is with YOU

whether the above apply or just your General Attitude.

Bill

I have a question.  I use a law firm when I renew my one-year visa at Suan Phlu.  Even though I have renewed several years, they only give me one month and stamp 'under consideration'.  I have to go through this process 3-4 times (i.e. 3-4 months) before they give me a one-year visa (minus the months I have been 'under consideration').  Does this also happen when you do the visa application yourself......?  Or do you get one-year right away?

I was thinking perhaps this is a way to extract more money from the farang since I have to pay every time/month when it's 'under consideration', and that the law firm and immigration staff share some of the payments.......but I don't really know?   :o

What is your experience?

FaranginBKK - I extend it myself - Retirement Visa that is.

First 2 years I was given an initial one month - and then the remaining

for the year.

Since then I have been given the one year straight off within 30 mins

at Suan Phlu - a very polite efficient service.

Maybe you could expand on your post?

Is your Visa for Retirement? or Marriage?

After each one month extension are you asked for

additional Documents? Or if for Marriage is your Matrimonial home visited?

Can you tell us how much the Law Firm charges?

Maybe you have special circumstances but

in my experience it would appear that you are

being given a runaround / rip off - but maybe by the Law Firm?

Bill

Thanks. It is a O/B? one year visa since I work here. Fee from the law firm is 10,000 Baht, but I have to pay additional every time (3-4 times) when it is 'under consideration' for 3-4 months. They don't ask for additional documents, and I think there are no special circumstances. It's just that I do not get one year extension right away, but have to wait 3-4 months (and thus pay 3-4 times, about 2-3,000 Baht every time) while it is stamped 'under consideration'. Perhaps this is correct, but I find it strange that they have to 'consider' for so long when I have renewed my one year visa five times already. ????

• 4 weeks later...
And who said I treated them disrespectfully??

I simply showed up as an innocent farang who needs to get that visa done. Now if they gonna work on a serious job like this one and behave like children, then its not my fault. These bitches who work there are arrogant, unwilling to help and LAZY. That's the word yeeeah.

Thug

It sounds like you might have gone straight up to

a Vacant Desk and maybe stood with your Documents held out?

ALL three actions - whilst normal behaviour to a Foreigner

- are all disrespectful in Thailand.

It is better to sit down in a Waiting Chair - and wait to be called.

When called - sit in front of the Desk - it is not polite to tower over the officer.

AND wait to be invited to hand over your documents rather than

to hold them out.

I have never in the 7 years visiting Suan Phlu

had any problem - many others say the same.

So the Conclusion must be that the Problem is with YOU

whether the above apply or just your General Attitude.

Bill

Uhmmm

Not really, you don't know how it happened with me so it's definately not nice if you try to put words in my mouth. You thought I went straight up to the desk and just handed them my docs without even being called??

Come on, I ain't that stupid either, my friend. My complaints as to these highly incompetent ladies that work there is referred to when they send you to a small room in the second floor and make you seat there and wait for them to give the services. There are a few ladies (each one on a higher position than the other one) in this room whom are supposed to serve you at their best; however, on my latest occasion even though I had been behaving absolutely correct and waited sitting on my own, I could see them eating, playing with their kids (YES her kid was there) talking on the phone and wasting my time as well as giving me the treatment of a scumbag. Glad don't need to go anymore in a while.

Thug