Buying House In Los

Hi all.

Im trying to get my wife over to the UK on a settlement visa, but we will eventually go back out to LOS and live there in a house.

Questons are, if I was to buy house, it would have to be in wifes name right? Would that then mean if we got a divorce then she would have everything? Does the whole 50/50 thing work in LOS.

Are mortgages common in LOS, my wife would need it in her name but how much do they want to be put down as a deposit or do they need half the money, then the other half can be a mortgage?

Thanks!

Hi all.

Im trying to get my wife over to the UK on a settlement visa, but we will eventually go back out to LOS and live there in a house.

Questons are, if I was to buy house, it would have to be in wifes name right?  Would that then mean if we got a divorce then she would have everything?  Does the whole 50/50 thing work in LOS.

Are mortgages common in LOS, my wife would need it in her name but how much do they want to be put down as a deposit or do they need half the money, then the other half can be a mortgage?

Thanks!

Your wife's name, or company, or you could lease from her. If in your wife's name you have to confirm in writing you have no claim on the property. If concerned about divorce, lease best way probably, as at least you will have use of it for 30 or 60 years.

Mortgages are common and usually 60 or 70% depending on property price. Unlikely they will mortgage if you lease, as you will be a sitting tenant. You or your wife's income would be an important factor in granting the mortgage.