Certifying Copy Of Passport

Hi There

I have read a couple of opinions on this now and am just looking for the correct way to do this.

Its for our settlement application and some say you can just sign the passport photocopys yourself and others say you have to get them signed by someone like a lawyer,bank manager,police officer...so on and so forth.

Can anyone clarify this please as i do not really want to have to visit a solicitor or pay if neccessary?

Many thanks in advance.

You can do it yourself.

Copy each and every page and write on those pages "I certify this is a true copy of the original" sign it and date it.

Good luck

Copy each and every page that has information on it that's relevant to Thailand. You don't have to copy blank pages.

Thanks for the advice.

Secondly there is so many different opinions on what to put all the infomation in regarding folders.

What are the favourite type of folder for this,plastic sleeve inserts?Ring binders?

Some say they will remove all your information before sending to ECO,therefore jumbling everything up?

What are the best methods please in your own opinions?

Kind Regards

^^^^

It's a matter of choice really and what you consider looks more presentable and makes the job of the ECO more straightforward.

I personally prefer a folder of plastic sleeve inserts with each section clearly labeled with an index, the ECO can see the first page of the section and can decide if it needs further examination. The applications I have been involved with have been for visit visas, other applications might involve far more documentary evidence and thus a different format.

You are right in thinking that staff in VFS sometimes try to sort the paperwork to their preferred method, it is up to the applicant to insist on the paperwork to be submitted, and the format.

• 2 months later...

When my Gf successfully applied for a visit visa, the VFS took all of the documents out of our lovely folder and put them in an "official" box/folder...so it doesn't matter what you put them in.

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL