Aia Life Insurance Policies

kwiz117

AIA Insurance?

I am concidering to buy a policy in coming days.

Since I am not Thai, I like to get some feedback about any stories that you guys have heard about this Insurance Company in Thailand and how reliable and legal they are.

Not about the Money amount, whether it's worth etc..

Once I get the policy producing the work permit as it is the only requirement for a Foreigner to get this policy in Thailand, what will be the legal implications if I decide to leave Thailand and continue paying the Annual Installment until it expires or till I die by remiting money from another country.

If the death happen outside Thailand and at that time, if I do not have a work permit, will my wife face a problem of claiming the Insurance.

I asked these questions from AIA and obviously the answer was no problem and everything is fine.

But from my experience in Thailand, I know the legal issues are always spiral and the customer get the boot most of the time.

Just curious to know what you guys have heard about this Company and your stories about Life Insurance Policies in Thailand.

Thanks

Guest IT Manager

Kwiz FWIW they have been here a long time, and I guess that means they are solid here.

I don't want to undertake the research myself, however perhaps you can ask for a copy of the policy contract a few days before you sign. It must be in English I believe, irrespective of what the salesperson says.

Call the rep and ask for a copy of the document you are going to be signing. IMHO Insurance Companies the world over are the same anyway. Caveat Emptor.

AIA Thailand is affiliated with or a part of AIG (American International Group). The worlds largest and most secure/stable insurer. They cover just about every line of insurance there is for personal and commercial purposes. Therefore, I don't think you would have anything to worry about if you purchase a policy from this company. However, like any contract, just be sure like other's have said, to obtain and read AND understand all the policie's provisions and terms.