How Do You Fill The Back Of The Immi Form

It might be a stupid question (I even wonder whether the immigration officer look at it), but I always wonder how to fill up the back of the form...

post-109276-097813800 1284190253_thumb.j

• Accommodation: well i usually put others, since there is no "personal house or personal apartment"
  • Purpose of entry: hmmm, others? Holiday does not really fit since even if I don't work for a Thai company, I am not quite on holiday. Nowhere to be found: "visit family"...
  • The tricky one... Country of residence. Good question. Right now I still have my work permit valid in China, but what should I put later on as i spend 60% or more of my time in Thailand?

PS: I have a O non immigrant visa multiple entry, so I think I can't fall into the category "resident" (residents do not have to fill it).

Subsidiary question: if you are invited to a conference or a seminar here to present a paper, is is legal to do it using this visa?

Edited by PatLogan

Other seems to fit

holiday

your place of residence is your passport country

ALL persons entering and leaving Thailand have to fill in an immigration card

not sure about your subsidiary question

Thanks for your reply.

As the part in red, for sure, but not the back for residents.

I never fill it in. Never had a b*ll***ing or dressing down.

Holding a non-imm 'O' visa, and benig here fro about 60% of your time makes you resident, as far as the immigration officer at the airport is concerned.

I think it's intended purpose is data capture to compile the misleading tourist arrival statistics.

They must get told some massive 'porkies' from these arrival cards to come up with the idiotic policies and campaigns that they do. :whistling:

Thanks for the replies.

I had my visa because my wife and kids are holding Thai citizenship, but it is not a spouse extension, just a straightforward O non immigrant. actually/

I guess once the paperwork will be done (Tambien Baan done, certificate at Chang Wattana not yet), I will be considered as a resident (honestly, I am a bit confused by how somebody can be "non immigrant" and "resident"... but I guess it is the way they define it here).

Will try next time not to fill up the back, will see what happens ph34r.gif

I have never filled it in. Always prepared to say that I didn't notice the reverse side of the TM card. Never been asked by the immigration offiver. They just see a re-entry permit and stamp me in.

Same here.

Never filled in 15 years and more than 100 arrivals.

No questions asked by the immigration....ever

:lol:

You're right...most times the immigration barely glances at it anyhow.

But I would say:

Pupose of visit---Others

Accomadation------Friend's Home (if "visting Thai friends" was how you got the visa) or Other's if not visiting friends

Country of Residence----Your home country or where you live outside of Thailand (maybe China in your case). You can only be a Thai resident if you actually have been given Thai resident status. Otherwise you are a foriegner living in Thailand, not a "resident" as the Thais see it.

As for your other question about giving an lecture or delivering a report to a conference....I am just guessing. But I would say, if you had no business interst in the matter, and you took no paymnent or compensation for the speech, you would be good. But if you have ANY interest financially in the company, the subject, or took any form of compensation for the speech (even if the people who invited you paid for your hotel/lodging) I would get a legal opinion before you got involved. (I know most times nobody would question your speech and your motives, but I would be very careful...just based on an abundance of caution.... before I commited myself.)

But hey, I'm NOT a lawyer, so I could be wrong.

I always fill in the back page, as I am only on a non-imm, and don't have my residency permit yet. Of course, purpose of visit had been "employment" for the last 20 years.

My country of residence is Thailand. That's a fact, I reside here. Even if I don't have the Permanent Residence certificate yet. Why shoud I confuse them and write my passport country as country of residence? As for the address, I always write out my actual address in Bangkok.

If you give a lecture here and receive payment for that, of course you'll need a work permit. But that's stuff for another thread.