Maids In Thailand

WilliamCave

Hi I was talking to my wife about maids in Thailand because I commented on how nice looking or new maid is.

My wife told me that many maids are also for the thai man of the family and are used for other pleasures besides maid service, and it happens in many cases more than not, it is why they like young Bermise maids my wife told me.

And some friends of mine also told me the same thing and they are thai, was woundering has any other westerner and thai heard this before?

Is is something like a mia noi live in is it?

There was a rather comic case in Singapore where a Filipino Maid took legal action against a family who had sponsored her move to Singapore but when she arrived the wife of the family refused to let her in the house and she was therefore, homeless, jobless and out of pocket for the cost of getting to Singapore.

When asked why she thought the wife of the family had acted as she had, the 'Maid' replied, "I think I'm Over Qualified".... The camera then moved back to reveal her "Over Qualification" - She was nothing short of drop dead gorgeous.

what u are talking about is sexual harrassment towards someone who is usually not in a position to protest against the perp... hence, burmeses maids whose visas are based on the family they are living with...but im sure it would happen with thai maids as well, depending on circustances and in reference to the stigma of the ex pat /sex pat.... most of us here do not know what goes on in upper middle class or high class houses, behind closed doors, and unless u can read thai , and read the thai newspapers, if these cases get to the newspapers, we will never know the truth...

however,

im sure its more prevalent then we hear about, seeing as here in my country many filipina 'old people caretakers' have been victims of same... but being english speakers and having a supportive ex pat filipina/o worker community here, they complain... have heard stories of thai women here running away from their employers due to harrassment (extra duties traded for 'softer' work conditions)...

within thailand definately not as mia nois though... just pure sex on the side with women wo are vulnerable.... same as any other country that have younger girls/women as maids...

a mia noi would not be a maid. she would be maintained by the husband.

bina

israel

Does the OP want a housekeeper or a gobbling teas maid?

Going rate for a maid/housekeeper that will oblige some extra services on the side is 20000 a month.

As for the Burmese girls with no paperwork that end up at the mercy of their employers and seem easy vulnerable targets for a bit of abuse, be wary because if you attempt to take advantage of the girls predicament and make her your victim, they have mates that will sort you out if you don't tow the line.

Edited by Beetlejuice

what u are talking about is sexual harrassment towards someone who is usually not in a position to protest against the perp... hence, burmeses maids whose visas are based on the family they are living with...but im sure it would happen with thai maids as well, depending on circustances and in reference to the stigma of the ex pat /sex pat.... most of us here do not know what goes on in upper middle class or high class houses, behind closed doors, and unless u can read thai , and read the thai newspapers, if these cases get to the newspapers, we will never know the truth...

however,

im sure its more prevalent then we hear about, seeing as here in my country many filipina 'old people caretakers' have been victims of same... but being english speakers and having a supportive ex pat filipina/o worker community here, they complain... have heard stories of thai women here running away from their employers due to harrassment (extra duties traded for 'softer' work conditions)...

within thailand definately not as mia nois though... just pure sex on the side with women wo are vulnerable.... same as any other country that have younger girls/women as maids...

a mia noi would not be a maid. she would be maintained by the husband.

bina

israel

Well said, bina. You pretty much covered it. None of the personal house maids I've seen have been attractive or young, but I've seen some pretty ones working in hotels. I highly doubt if many Thai wiives would allow a very pretty girl to work as an in house maid. However, it MIGHT happen if a single man needed a house maid.

I doubt if it would be much different than an older man hiring a handsome young man as an in house gardener, when he had a young wife that he left alone when he was away working in the UK.

The issue is further complicated by fact that a lot of women getting out of the red light business find jobs as maids or nannies because of their ability in English.

Far from being disadvantaged abused women they are more than willing to make a little cash on the side as it is a business they know better than tossing salad or washing clothes.

Not everyone is lucky enough to land a young good looking hi so farang and move to the west or build a mansion in Issan.

Or the pension stopped when the older farang hubby died and they are looking for work similar to what they did which is basically being a caretaker to an older gentleman.

When I lived in Malaysia I had a filipina maid, live in, I lived alone and she must have been the most underused maid in history in the maid sense, but overused in the bedroom sense, we were friends before I employed her, I met her at a tea dance one Sunday afternoon and when her employer died I employed her even though I didn't really need a maid.

One of her friends however worked for a Sikh family in Ipoh, North of KL, she was employed specifically to 'look after' the husband as well as do the housework, she was also expected to 'look after' the wife when she felt like joining in.

I guess it goes on here in Thailand also.

After discussing this for years with my wife she says the only maid we can hire must be at least 80 years old BUT she has agreed with my requirement being that the old gal should indeed be toothless. Kinda like a ball game... you win a few and lose a few.;)

I thought the idea with a maid was to make European cars more cheap? Or maybe that was the gardener? Or both of them? I do remember they have to be bilingu....trilingua.....multilingual.

you just cant let it alone can you? oh a woman scorned.

Happends only to ugly/lucky men who's wife is bored of his lack of performance and his bad bathing routine....

only happens to men ,

whose wife has a gik , and dont give a fck ,

and lives in the hope that farang fks off with the maid ,

so she can have a good face devorce . :jap:

The issue is further complicated by fact that a lot of women getting out of the red light business find jobs as maids or nannies because of their ability in English.

Far from being disadvantaged abused women they are more than willing to make a little cash on the side as it is a business they know better than tossing salad or washing clothes.

Not everyone is lucky enough to land a young good looking hi so farang and move to the west or build a mansion in Issan.

Or the pension stopped when the older farang hubby died and they are looking for work similar to what they did which is basically being a caretaker to an older gentleman.

In other words, such a maid is up for tossing all kindsa salad.