Morchit Skytrain Station

loong

I arrived in Morchit bus station last week and had decided to use the skytrain to get to Sukkumvit.

I know that Morchit has a skytrain station, supposedly next to bus terminal, but could see no signs.

I asked at the information desk and was told that the skytrain station was a 50 Baht taxi ride away. If this is true, then it can hardly be at Morchit!!

As it was early am, used taxi meter instead and cost 100 Baht. Skytrain for 2 would have been 80 Baht anyway.

Has anybody used Morchit skytrain station? and where is it?

Edited by loong

The subway station for Mor Chit is actually " Chatuchak "...

Last time I used it I caught the bus from Mor Chit to the subway station... I think it was number 53..? :o I could be very wrong, my memory is not that good.., but anyway there is a bus that connects, you can catch it in the big c/p/ bus park on the right hand side of the terminal (if you are coming out of the main entrance)

The reason it is linked with Mor Chit is that you can transfer to the skytrain "Mor Chit" station.. :D ..

totster :D

Has anybody used Morchit skytrain station?

At the last count probably over 1 million people.

As for where it is, come on! Have a look at a map!! If you do you will see that the bus station and the bts station are separated by a lovely little park and about 3km.

This reads like a lonely planet wind up post.

Edited by Bluffer

Thanks for the replies

Bluffer, fyi, The maps I have do not show the skytrain station, you think I didn,t try that first?

Now I see that is obviously too far to walk and so is usually only really an advantage when the traffic is heavy.

Thanks again for info

You were not at the old Morchit bus station which is exactly where the Skytrain station is located. The new North Bus Station is called Morchit II and that was where you were. The bus service used to be from the same area as the skytrain station but was to rebuild terminal so temporary re located to the Morchit II location. Unfortunately the new building has never been completed so the bus station will probably remain at that site for many years.

Thanks for the replies

Bluffer, fyi, The maps I have do not show the skytrain station, you think I didn,t try that first?

Now I see that is obviously too far to walk and so is usually only really an advantage when the traffic is heavy.

Thanks again for info

try spending more than 2B on a map next time then :o

there are 2 sections to the morchit bus station. one for the local buses, and one for the buses going outside of bangkok to other destinations in thailand.

when I come back from pattaya, I usually walk to the other section with the local buses, and board the #77 bus to get to the world trade center. if I want to go the asoke side of sukhumvit, I take the #136 bus.

if you just want to get from the morchit bus station to the morchit BTS station, the #77 bus will take you there too.

the red #77 is 5 baht now. orange (air/con) #77 is 12 baht.