Moving Address - 90 Day Notification

Hey there,

I have recently moved to Salaya and my friend says I now need to go to the immigration office in Nakhorn Pathom.

My 90 day notification is due next week, can I go straight to that office or do I have to go to the main Bangkok (Chaengwattana) one first and let them know there?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

RedHotChilli

Edited by RedHotChilli

How l understand it regarding the change of address is that you should notify Immigration within 24 hours but when l moved a couple years ago l was told that l could notify change of address when l do my 90 day report. I have been to several seminars given by Immigration Officials and were told of the 24 hour rule but l do not think it is enforced and to be honest they will not know when you moved

Everything I've read says you when you move from your current address, you have to report your change of address within 24 hours or face a penalty fo 200 Baht a day for every day until it is corrected. Whether it's rigidly enforced (hopefully/probably not) from office to office I can't say.

Sounds like the safest thing to do is to go to the Nakorn Pathom Immigration Office soonest (the office is real close to Salaya kilometers and drivetime-wise) and ask the question/make the change.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=101110579867335234058.000465f03d84d91df360b&t=h&z=6

Good luck.