English Bar In Soi Yume

aussiechick

Sport's Corner Bar - same side as Carrefore - opposite Family Mart and the new condos. (Apus?)

2 pool tables, dart board and TVs for watching all your favourite sport.

Open 8:00a.m. and serve an excellent breakfast - extra large: lots of bacon, 2 small sausages, 2 fried eggs, fried potatoes, fried tomatoes and mushrooms, Baht 160.

Small Baht 90

Can't remember the beer prices cause I was too busy drinking and talking, so can't be too bad.

Have different pies and mash and pies, spag bol and chili con carne on the menu as well.

Edited by aussiechick

Hows that Italian restaurant English breakfast place (:huh:) in the same area you recommended awhile back doing these days...seems every time I drive by the place is shut-up?

Gone, along with the mini-mart that was next door! Hope I dont jinx this place even closer to my place.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to follow up - Sports Bar is doing very nicely! They are in the darts competition as well so I am sure that gets the word out as well.

They have now added a couple of other items to their menu:

Bacon and Sausage sandwich

Sausage & egg sandwich

Bacon & egg sandwich

served with tea or coffee Baht 85

Just to follow up - Sports Bar is doing very nicely! They are in the darts competition as well so I am sure that gets the word out as well.

They have now added a couple of other items to their menu:

Bacon and Sausage sandwich

Sausage & egg sandwich

Bacon & egg sandwich

served with tea or coffee Baht 85

Also forgot -- small Chang Baht 45 Large Chang Baht 65

Close to my house but I haven't tried it yet. Not fussed about the bar but if the food is good i'll give it a go. The little Italian place was great but the poor guy didn't get enough trade to stay open.

DMC1 - I think there was more to it. He knew that it would take a while for trade to build up and he was prepared for that. You don't set up a company, and get a work permit if you are not in it for the long haul!! We will never know for sure but it wasn't that business wasn't working, it was doing alright in the short time.

Anyway Sports Bar is steadily building up their clientele so I hope it will be around for a long while.

Edited by aussiechick

"...excellent breakfast - extra large: lots of bacon, 2 small sausages, 2 fried eggs, fried potatoes, fried tomatoes and mushrooms, Baht 160..."

2 eggs on fried toast, 2 rashers, sausage, beans, tomato, toast w/butter & jam, and tea/coffee @ B 75...I'm stickin with Crazy Dave's!

"...excellent breakfast - extra large: lots of bacon, 2 small sausages, 2 fried eggs, fried potatoes, fried tomatoes and mushrooms, Baht 160..."

2 eggs on fried toast, 2 rashers, sausage, beans, tomato, toast w/butter & jam, and tea/coffee @ B 75...I'm stickin with Crazy Dave's!

Sports Bar has 2 thickly sliced "real" bread and tea or coffee too!

I certainly know where I would rather be and it isn't Crazy Daves - unless I was slumming

I hope that this venue does well and survives however farang orientated businesses on Soi Yume do not tend to last very long.

Sorry - this end of Soi Yume has many farang oriented businesses - most are Scandinavian, and their bars/restaurants have been here a long time. That was why it is a change to have an "English" place.

Thanks for the 'heads-up' about this place, I shall be trying a breakfast there in the next few days before an AEON fee-free withdrawal next door at Carrefour. I will report back.

I think the free fee AEON ATM is charging from next month

I hope that this venue does well and survives however farang orientated businesses on Soi Yume do not tend to last very long.

Sorry - this end of Soi Yume has many farang oriented businesses - most are Scandinavian, and their bars/restaurants have been here a long time. That was why it is a change to have an "English" place.

Ahhh I know what part of Soi Yume you are referring to now, quite a few cheap hotels there which may benefit this business.

It may also be beneficial for this company to aim at attracting some of the volunteers that volunteer at Mahathai redemptorist college and the pattaya orphanage.

Is that a typo and should read 2 fried eggs on toast? If not what is fried toast?(Or maybe I know the answer already and it is a Scottish thing where they seem to fry everything)

Is that a typo and should read 2 fried eggs on toast? If not what is fried toast?(Or maybe I know the answer already and it is a Scottish thing where they seem to fry everything)

yes, mamanodle - I would say it was fried bread - eveything at Crazy Dave's is fried

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the 'heads-up' about this place, I shall be trying a breakfast there in the next few days before an AEON fee-free withdrawal next door at Carrefour. I will report back.

I think the free fee AEON ATM is charging from next month

Jori

Totally off topic for this thread, but

Why do you think this?

Where did you hear it?

If true I think this requires it's own thread.

Edited by kevkev1888

• 8 months later...

Well the bar is still there - cheaper prices now.

BUT you won't find me in there - I got barred for teling a guy that the "freelancer" who bought him there had just ripped him for nearly Baht 4000. Freelancer caled me all the names under the sun - and I replied in kind - she complained to the owner who then told me it wasn't my business and told me to leave and not to come back!!

The old guy sitting at the next table started slow clapping me with a shit faced grin and I told him not to worry that I would never let him know when his Thai lady ripped him off.

Plenty of other bars - no skin of my nose!!

Edited by aussiechick

BUT you won't find me in there - I got barred for teling a guy that the "freelancer" who bought him there had just ripped him for nearly Baht 4000. Freelancer caled me all the names under the sun - and I replied in kind - she complained to the owner who then told me it wasn't my business and told me to leave and not to come back!!

The old guy sitting at the next table started slow clapping me with a shit faced grin and I told him not to worry that I would never let him know when his Thai lady ripped him off.

Maybe the bar-owner is in on the scam...gets a 50% cut so doesn't take too kindly to people who blow the whistle on it :o

Maybe give Crazy Dave's a try :D

Maybe the bar-owner is in on the scam...gets a 50% cut so doesn't take too kindly to people who blow the whistle on it :o

Maybe give Crazy Dave's a try :D

Done Crazy Dave's years ago - actually I quite like Tigglebitties except its a bit far to walk!!!

And can you tell us how you know he got ripped off.

You were there best customer,stuff them.

Yes I can tell you - the guy was sitting beside me and we were having a chat. He said he had had enough to drink and wanted to go back to his Hotel - he called the freelancer over to tell her and at the same time pulled money out of his pocket. She took all the money from him and paid the bill, right in front of me. She then TIGHTLY rolled up the change and passed it to her friend, still right in front of me I then said to him, wasn't that your change? He asked if it was much - I told him I had seen at least 2 Baht 1000 notes so he called out and said can I have have my change back. It came back still rolled very tightly - he actually passed it to me and I peeled it apart and there was nearly Baht 4000 there. He was not amused. He also had no idea how to get back to his Hotel - I walked him to the steps and called the motorbike taxi guy over to tell him. This is where the freelancer was standing complaining to the boss! That when the boss stated that it was none of my business and I can get out and not come back! One comment he made was "If it was a French guy you wouldn't have said anything" (The guy was a New Zealander) I told him if it was a black guy with purple spots I still would have said something.

According to the freelancer (I was told this the next day) she had said it was her money to go home with him! I asked why she had passed it to her friend - no answer! Paid in advance and very highly!!

No I am not going back and nor is my friend that I drink with. BTW I have a bar bill and I am not paying that either! Can't when your barred!

i'd not go back too and infact will not even go at all if the owner is happy to let customer get ripped off in his establishment as a matter of policy

I would feel a civic duty to inform someone that they had just been blatantly ripped off like that and in that way. Certainly if I was talking with them already I would do the same.

Shame on the owner. Wonder what he does if someone doesn't pay their bill to the tune of 4,000 baht!! If a family or other type of dispute, then nobody's business, but robbery is different!!

Edited by twix38