Fast-Track Immigration Channel Opened For Thai Workers At Suvarnabhumi

webfact

Fast-track immigration channel opened for Thai workers at Suvarnabhumi

A fast-track immigration channel was Monday opened at the Suvarnabhumi International Airport to make it more convenient for Thai workers to clear immigration process.

Labour Minister Chalermchai Sri-on chaired the opening ceremony of the special service for Thai workers.

The immigration channel is called Thailand's Overseas Workers Fast Track.

The fast-track channel will allow departing and arriving Thai workers to clear the immigration procedures in less than 10 minutes, compared to the normal processing time of over half an hour.

Chalermchai said workers deserve special treatment because they earn foreign incomes for the country for about Bt56 billion a year.

The airport also provides a special lounge for workers behind the special immigration channel.

About 440,000 Thai workers left the country to work overseas last year.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-09-13

440000 Thai workers left for overseas - seems they are not counting the ladies who go to work as massage or similar. Someone should add up the revenue generated and sent home to Thailand - that would certainly deserve their own immigration channel.

"Fast-Track Immigration Channel Opened For Thai Workers At Suvarnabhumi". I believe it is for Farang Expat only. Imagine a Burmese Fish sorting from Mahachai fish market trying to use that lane? Can't imagine.

For THAI workers. Not farang. Not Burmese.

Great, so now there's a VIP/Aircrew line, a diplomat line, Thai line, foreigner line, and now a Thai worker line. Do they really need that line? Are they in such a rush that they're going to miss their flights? Rushing to their jobs?

With all the news lately there should be a 'yes, I'm carrying drugs with me' line too. Oh, and then separate the line again for crack and ice and heroin and then 'others'. And lest I forget the 'I'm carrying endangered species with me' line which should also be separated into alive, almost dead, and dead.

Oops. Must add this question...where'd the Thai Elite Card line go?

Edited by tomyummer

"Fast-Track Immigration Channel Opened For Thai Workers At Suvarnabhumi". I believe it is for Farang Expat only. Imagine a Burmese Fish sorting from Mahachai fish market trying to use that lane? Can't imagine.

Please tell me you're not dumpin' on my brother Burmese...BTW, I don't think they would even have passports, no? They're lucky because they go from car to fence to airliner wheel well and vice versa.

Just kiddin. Please don't dump on my fellow Burmese, Aunty Aung San would not be amused.

Probably the next move will to create a express line called. ""The Hub of Asia Express Line Hub Check In And Out.''

There will of course be shortly introduced a snails pace line called , ''The Snail Pace Check in Line for those people who are in ,''Inactive Posts.''

Edited by siampolee

440000 Thai workers left for overseas - seems they are not counting the ladies who go to work as massage or similar. Someone should add up the revenue generated and sent home to Thailand - that would certainly deserve their own immigration channel.

Most of the girls that travel to Malaysia for organized massage jobs go via bus or train.

Every time I pass through Swampy, the Thai Passport queues are empty and the Foreign Passport queues are full and understaffed.

Luckily I usually travel with my Thai g/f so I can use the Thai Passport queue instead. B)

But it does raise the question why this is even necessary. Have you ever seen a queue at the Thai Passport desks?

Most of the girls that travel to Malaysia for organized massage jobs go via bus or train.

i,ve always fancied a BJ. on the bus .

malaysia ,, here i come.