Driving Licence Classes?

I've done some searching but couldn't find an answer to my problem:

Are there different classes of driving licence in Thailand other than just "car" and "motorcycle".

I'm a holder of EU driving licence and I have most the classes on my licence; I mean that I am permitted to drive a 60 ton full truck in Europe.

When I got my thai licence it only states that I can drive "a car". So is that car here anything between 1 and 60 ton?

Yes, I know that I can ask this from Land Transport Dep. and I will. Just wanted to ask you guys first if someone happens to know.

(No; I have NO intention to be a trucker in Thailand. Just for curiosity. You never know if some day I need to drive a truck here for some reason. And then I would prefer to be on the safe side.)

I've done some searching but couldn't find an answer to my problem:

Are there different classes of driving licence in Thailand other than just "car" and "motorcycle".

I'm a holder of EU driving licence and I have most the classes on my licence; I mean that I am permitted to drive a 60 ton full truck in Europe.

When I got my thai licence it only states that I can drive "a car". So is that car here anything between 1 and 60 ton?

Yes, I know that I can ask this from Land Transport Dep. and I will. Just wanted to ask you guys first if someone happens to know.

(No; I have NO intention to be a trucker in Thailand. Just for curiosity. You never know if some day I need to drive a truck here for some reason. And then I would prefer to be on the safe side.)

AFAIK There are truck and bus licences in Thailand, but they are not available to foreigners.

I've never found any satisfactory detail as to how large a vehicle your 'car' licence allows you to drive. The UK limit is 7.5 Tons Max Gross Vehicle Weight (a decent size vehicle). Most of the answers I've got (from the licencing place) suggest that a pickup is 'the biggest allowed'.

Anyone got better info??