Thai Authorities Concerned Further Red Shirt Strife Will Elevate Stress

webfact

Stress level worrying upon new UDD movements

BANGKOK (NNT) -- The Department of Mental Health is worried that the stress level of Thai people will rocket again in the upcoming political activities of the anti-government United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD).

Mental Health Department Deputy Director-General MD Wachira Pengchan voiced his concerns with the mental health of people nationwide, saying that it might become stressful and violent again in the wake of the new political rallies.

According to the latest mental health survey at the end of August 2010, the level of political stress of people in all regions has dropped to only 15-20%.

People therefore are advised to monitor news reports less, take a rest, follow news reports from different sources, and refrain from receiving only one-sided information should they experience any stress from news of political rallies.

The Department of Mental Health will continue to survey the mental health condition of people and monitor movements of the UDD's rallies during 17-19 September 2010 – the height of the events to commemorate the fourth anniversary of the 19 Sep coup d’état.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2010-09-13 footer_n.gif

Has one single hospital in the whole country had one single patient coming into the emergency department complaining of stress?

A doctor telling people to "Avoid Receiving one sided information" to avoid stress?

Can I get a second opinion? In which case, what if he tells me it doesn't cause stress? :wacko:

Edited by Thai at Heart

"People therefore are advised to monitor news reports less, take a rest, follow news reports from different sources, and refrain from receiving only one-sided information should they experience any stress from news of political rallies."

I guess that means no more Thaivisa for me I am all stressed out.

A doctor telling people to "Avoid Receiving one sided information" to avoid stress?

Can I get a second opinion?

My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too. -- Rodney Dangerfield.

In reply to the OP...it is just a boring fluff-piece. Yes, violence can cause stress. So can the knowledge that the brightest people here is apparently already in control...

People therefore are advised to monitor news reports less, take a rest, follow news reports from different sources, and refrain from receiving only one-sided information should they experience any stress from news of political rallies.
"monitor news reports less" contradicts "follow news reports from different sources, and refrain from receiving only one-sided information".

"follow news reports from different sources, and refrain from receiving only one-sided information" can actually increase stress as people have more information to deal with and weigh up and work out what is correct and incorrect.

Also, should people start reading the hatred-inciting UDD media to relieve their stress levels?

This news article is nonsense.