Kor Sor 22

Girlfriend has some land on Koh Chang with no paperwork other than tax paid receipts each year.She says that she's heard of a new title of I believe Kor sor 22 that can possibly be obtained.Never heard of this designation before.Anyone ever come across this? what rights would this give?

I just heard this morning that the Prime Minister has stated that all Sor Por Kor shall be changed into Chanote before the next election. I have been looking around and still can not collaborate this news. My feeling are that this will help the government legitimize itself with the poor farmers. It might also be another way to stall elections and keep the poor happy. I'm not sure where the guy who told me the news got it. Try applying for a Sor Kor 1 or wait to see what this land title transfer rumor is all about.

That's an awful lot of surveying and documentation to get done in a short period of time, before the next election. I wonder if anybody bothered to check with the various land offices to see if they have the resources.

The person who told me said that his wife saw the Prime Minister say it on TV this morning saying that he would change this type of paper over while he was in power. It sounds to me like he is trying to stall the election or he is making promises that would be hard to keep.

On the same subject the Sor Por Kor land titles and responsibilities in Chiang Mai, or at least in areas of Chiang Mai, have been moved to the local tax offices of the local petchubans. They have said that there have already been meetings about changing the paper Sor Por Kor to something else. There are also a lot of people wandering around the valley offering cash for Sor Por Kor land.

By the way, Sor Por Kor land is already pegged and surveyed.

I will still believe this one when I see it.

Edited by getgoin

Girlfriend has some land on Koh Chang with no paperwork other than tax paid receipts each year.She says that she's heard of a new title of I believe Kor sor 22 that can possibly be obtained.Never heard of this designation before.Anyone ever come across this? what rights would this give?

Looks like it is related to the locals ongoing battle against the Navy for ownership of land on Koh Chang. Recently, in the past couple of months, the government sided with the locals and the Navy have had to give up their claim on 6,600 Rai of land here.

This land was mostly untitled farmland - Por Bor Tor 5 - before. So I'd guess that the Kor Sor 22 is the upgraded version.

But as far as getting real title deeds for the land soon I wouldn't get your hopes up. The Land Office have already surveyed the Sor Kor 1 land that will be upgraded and upgrading any other land isn't going to happen in the near future. ( At least according to people at the Land Office in Laem Ngop.)