Why Am I Having Such A Naff Time In The Place I Love?

newsite12

Your midlife crisis has worn itself out and you're now left with the consequences of the decisions you made during the period you mistook lust for love and blindness to life's rules as freedom.

I trust you followed all the good advice about not bringing anything to Thailand you can't afford to loose and not burning bridges to back home.

As usual GuestHouse gets my vote. His post is the best advice to all vulnerable people seeking pastures new.

Rarely are these circumstances sustainable and the situation deteriorates as the, usually honorable chap, tries to keep the dream alive. I know he doesn't want it, but the OP has my sympathies. Best try and get home.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do sound like a Troll to me, and/or perhaps you were selling counterfeit gear which l suspect as PayPal act on complaints. :ermm:

Yes, I can see why you might think that, i could have put in a lot more details, But i thought the post were too long as it was.

To clear this up for thew benefit of you and other readers.

I was selling on Ebay and i had many sales, and everyone very happy apart from one guy in the UK who never paid, so to re-coup my fees i started a none paying bidder dispute, in retaliation, he left a negative comment stating i was selling fkes. great attitude when i never sent him anything because of non payment. Then basically it all stemmed from that.

Ebay own paypal, and it was the same day as i got that comment, that they ended my listings and paypal froze my account. (Wheels within wheels).

The fact that i provided everything that they asked for and was absolved and reinstated make this the most confusing to me. But then to be totally banned a few days later, without warning, really knocked me for six.

You try reasoning with these people... and when the big bang comes... there is NO appeals process to fight your corner. i have called many times and all i get is the same line... We are sorry but we have reason to believe and in the T&Cs blah blah. Which is no help. You will also find that they always register their headquarters in a country that has little or no financing regulations. For example, itnthe UK when they tried to do this and the financial services authority told them they had to operate within fair practices, they simply closed down and moved their registered headquarters to Luxembourg,

That is the kind of company it appears to be. To go to all that trouble so that they can get away with this sort of behavior.

Never again will i deal with Ebay or Paypal.

You still can continue and use moneybookers which is much fairer and cheaper. They will never withold any amount for 6 months. When they cancel an account they let you withdraw the money and then cancel your account.

PP is a bitch. I had one case where my contact lost about 50,000 pounds within a jiffy. They just locked his account without warnings. He and his wife were working hard, many hours, every day. Stay away from PP. It happens once to everyone.

Paypal is going through all his accounts. After many complaints about recieving fake goods from him they are probably now contacting all his Ebay buyers to see how many he has ripped off after which they will refund all the money they have lost.

That's why it takes so long, he will get the balance in due time.

Paypal is going through all his accounts. After many complaints about recieving fake goods from him they are probably now contacting all his Ebay buyers to see how many he has ripped off after which they will refund all the money they have lost.

Fortunately this 'member' has no access to my email accounts or paypal and ebay accounts.

Yet, this 'member' claims to know the whole story..

Hey Livinginexile... Can you also tell everyone what my paypal email address is, seeing as you have access priviliges. Oh, and while you are at it. Do you have the next set of lottery numbers?

<deleted>?

:bah:

Fortunately this 'member' has no access to my email accounts or paypal and ebay accounts.

Hey Livinginexile... Can you also tell everyone what my paypal email address is, seeing as you have access priviliges. Oh, and while you are at it. Do you have the next set of lottery numbers?

<deleted>?

Becareful, he will buy your house from your Thai gf when you go home for a visit and move in his Thai in-laws for protection.

• Like 1

They're not doing anything. To stop an account for a period of 6 months has system. They want to increase their own cash flow. Reports and court cases have it that a couple of times PP staff stole money from PP.

The other thing is, while your account is blocked you can't do business on ebay either, or not without major work and changes.

There's also another thing that needs to be considered. Thailand PP has different rules than other countries. It depends on the goods you're selling and therefore need a license for many kind of goods. I think this was the main reason for to close your account. You can talk with PP Singapore, which I did once, but don't get exited.

I think only jewelry and hand crafted goods are without license restriction.

Edited by elcent

I will not pass moral judgement on you as so many have done, and just offer you practical advice to try and get you on your feet again. if you go to the following website http://www.modeeworld.com/forums/ there are people there who may be able to get your paypal account unlocked without going through the courts. also, they have advice on how to setup selling again, so you have some income coming in. basically, you can set-up new ebay and paypal accounts using new bank accounts and credit cards, and you will need to clear all cookies from your computer that links to your old accounts, or they will shut you done again. lastly, never leave large amounts in a paypal account, because they can shut it down if there is the slightest sniff of wrongdoing. hope it helps and good luck!

I will not pass moral judgement on you as so many have done, and just offer you practical advice to try and get you on your feet again. if you go to the following website http://www.modeeworld.com/forums/ there are people there who may be able to get your paypal account unlocked without going through the courts. also, they have advice on how to setup selling again, so you have some income coming in. basically, you can set-up new ebay and paypal accounts using new bank accounts and credit cards, and you will need to clear all cookies from your computer that links to your old accounts, or they will shut you done again. lastly, never leave large amounts in a paypal account, because they can shut it down if there is the slightest sniff of wrongdoing. hope it helps and good luck!

If he sells unlicensed(not having a registered trading license and company registration) goods, and getting caught with Thai IP addresses will get him banned over and over again. You can't use proxies either.

If he sells unlicensed(not having a registered trading license and company registration) goods, and getting caught with Thai IP addresses will get him banned over and over again. You can't use proxies either.

yes, you cannot use proxies or vpns on ebay and paypal, but if he wants to continue selling the goods he has now, there are ways around it, but it would take too long to explain them here, and i think the post would be taken down. Also, thailand is awash with cheap legit products to sell - if he can't find something to sell here, he's in the wrong business.

so if u attempt to visit your children a police officer will arrest you?

I can confirm that this happens

I was arrested and held in police custody for 48 hours after attempting to see my children.

Even though I had a court order allowing me to visit them at that time.

(wife dials 999 and says you are threatening her, no evidence required)

Pretty much the last time I saw my children in fact.

The police delberately waited until a Saturday morning to arrest me as they can then hold you until Monday, when a judge sees you and lets you go.

(This maximises your police 'instant punishment')

That was 2 years ago, just got a cheque for x,000UKP this week as compensation, but I would rather it hadn't have happened.

Apologies to the OP for going off topic but, this comment by SB has me intrigued. Many years ago a bloke I knew was arrested for threatening to kill his live in girlfriend, the complaint made by the gf. There were no signs of any violence having been used at that time, purely her claim of a verbal threat, so obviously this is considered enough evidence for arrest. The boyfriend though was charged with the offense, denied bail and spent more than six months on remand in prison awaiting trial. He was eventually found not guilty.

Whilst I can understand your feelings if a false allegation is made, I don't see how you think the police should be sued for compensation, or even what grounds you had to sue for false arrest, after all, a serious allegation was made.

Whilst I can understand your feelings if a false allegation is made, I don't see how you think the police should be sued for compensation, or even what grounds you had to sue for false arrest, after all, a serious allegation was made.

This is the internet .... anything can be true... if people are willing to believe it. B)

<deleted>?

I have always believed that airing dirty laundry in public does nothing for it's cleanliness or freshness

I have always believed that airing dirty laundry in public does nothing for it's cleanliness or freshness

Perhaps you're right. In any case, for those of us out for some air, it makes for an enticing aroma!

Though I'll admit I can take it only in small doses.

Sorry I just don't get why you can't live in England and visit your children. She can't just tell you that you are not allowed to see them. :whistling:

This may open a few eyes of those who have never lived in the UK, and who seem to view the place through rose tinted spectacles. You should do a little research and you will see that the UK judicial system is a twisted, mangled and unfair system, that is antiquated and refuses to move with the changing attitudes and times.

It is given powers by the government to not only over control the population, but to abuse and chastise the citizens.

Local councils use emergency anti-terror legislation to spy on cars illegally parked, so they can hand them a fine, which goes into the council coffers.

The same councils who lock up 90 year old pensioners in prison, who fought in the war, just for not being able to to pay their massively over inflated council tax bills. While pedophiles are free to leave prison after only a few months, then to be housed by the local council in a flat overlooking the schoolyard of my kid's primary school....oh yes!! it's true.

Another example of UK (fairness) is that to drive on the road you need 4 pieces of paper.

1. Is an insurance certificate... without it you will be fined and receive penalty points on your license, which will increase your premiums.

2. Is an MOT certificate to ensure your car is safe, such as, your brakes work ok.... Without it, you will recieve a small fine.

3. Is a driving license, to ensure you are safe to go on the road. without it, you will recieve a small fine, and penalty points on your license, ( which you don't have.)

4. Is A car TAX disk. Without it they will seize your car and CRUSH IT!!!!

Anybody notice anything?

1, 2, and 3 are all obligations to other road users, and 4 is an obligation to pay money to the government. Anyone notice any difference in the punishments?

This is the same legal system that has just given powers to the new child support agency If a father cannot afford to pay child support payments, or if he is late with the payments... they have the ability to

1. To take money from bank accounts without consent and without a court order.

2. The power to freeze accounts.

3. Seize the proceeds of house sales.

4. Impose curfews.

5. Confiscate passports and driving licenses.

6. Lock you up in prison.

Anyone notice anything curiously familiar about these measures???.... Let me enlighten you.

These are same powers that were rushed through Parliament in the wake of the 9/11 outrage.

These are the same powers that are meant to be protecting UK citizens from the threat of terrorist attacks.

Not that I am condoning non-paying fathers, they should pay and most of us do. But don't you think that the above measures are a little heavy handed? But anyone that lives or has lived in the UK are not surprised for one second at these measures, after all... they are more than accustomed to being controlled with an iron fist. Stalin could have learned a thing or two.

This is the same government agency that on its website continually mentions the term non paying father, not one reference to non paying mother. I know guys that brought their kids up after the mum ran off to be with another man. So what about the non paying mothers???

But is all OK, because UK citizens are very well tuned to being treat like criminals and always being controlled. Did you know that in 2005 there were more CCTV cameras in Oxford Street in London that there were in the whole of New York City?.. It's true... Did you know that on average, anyone in the UK is caught on security camera more than 300 times a day, just by doing their daily things?...it's true. Did you know that in 5 years from now, not any person will be able to drive around the UK without being tracked from street to street and town to town with your car registration number being scanned by security cameras mounted on motorway bridges, and in speed cameras. If you have any outstanding fines or late child support payments, the powers that be will be able to press a button and will have a profile of everywhere you have been and when you went there.

Like I said. Go to the UK and live there for a year, and then you will know why I can't just live in England, and you will see that she CAN just tell me i can't see my kids.

This is 21st century Britain.

Enjoy it.

Nice one for pointing out the spying invasive(look in your bins,track your illegally parked cars) culture we live in:(.

seems that after 9/11 our government(s) can do anything they want.

heard that the planned speed cameras will track you from start to finish of your journey, so if you do a 200 mile journey a bit quick then watch out:(

But at least we're still allowed passports aren't we :)

SHAME ON YOU SIR!!!!!!!

No, shame on you for posting all of these details, opening yourself up for criticism, asking for advice, and then getting defensive when people are giving you the kind of feedback and advice that you don't want to hear.

well there a saying you make your bed you lie in it

all for some thai pussy lets see how long there family want you after you got no money for a while lets see if they give you the air fare home till you sort yourself out

from a cynic

Nice try guys. I am never coming in here for any advice.

Did anyone not notice where he mentioned suicide?

If this thread had been "Farang jumps in front of Freight train in Korat" , I am sure we will all throw in our heartfelt sympathies and wonder why he never talked to anyone?

Three months of emergency funds? Now we all cant be Suze orman smart, cut the guy some slack and tell him what he can do to provide for himself.

In most countries, throwing oneself in front of a train would be quick and painless. However, I am led to believe that due to the constant late running of the trains here, I would probably starve to death before the train arrived.

Might this work for you?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/398386-looking-for-a-freelance-web-developer/

• Like 1

SHAME ON YOU SIR!!!!!!!

No, shame on you for posting all of these details, opening yourself up for criticism, asking for advice, and then getting defensive when people are giving you the kind of feedback and advice that you don't want to hear.

well there a saying you make your bed you lie in it

all for some thai pussy lets see how long there family want you after you got no money for a while lets see if they give you the air fare home till you sort yourself out

from a cynic

But they know I don't have any money... not all Thai people are driven by money. They have offered me plenty, including money. I have even been offered my ticket home if I really need it. I have rejected it. It's not my style.

I don't want charity. Just wanted a bit of advice from farangs living here, who obviously know all the tricks in the book between them. I'm not into handouts. I know I can and will turn it round, I have been in much tighter spots than this when I was younger... Much tighter. It's nothing new. But it is the 21st century, and we have something now that wasn't available when I was in a jam when I was younger 'The Internet'. This great information portal that can connect everyone together in one place. It's where we come for information.

Unfortunately, what is supposed to be an information website as its domain name suggests, it seems to be far too overpopulated with people with cynical outlooks that enjoy wasting their time and the time of others with their judgmental philosophy of other people's lives and situations, which demonstrates that you really do not have much of a life... Why are you here?... What are you for? Is there even a decent reason for you to be here?

Really, if you can't offer me any tangible advice, then find a topic that you qualify to advise on.

If this thread had been "Farang jumps in front of Freight train in Korat" , I am sure we will all throw in our heartfelt sympathies and wonder why he never talked to anyone?

Three months of emergency funds? Now we all cant be Suze orman smart, cut the guy some slack and tell him what he can do to provide for himself.

In most countries, throwing oneself in front of a train would be quick and painless. However, I am led to believe that due to the constant late running of the trains here, I would probably starve to death before the train arrived.

Might this work for you?

http://www.thaivisa....-web-developer/

Hey thanks.

I sent him a PM... may turn something up. That's my line of work right there.

Thanks again.

Might this work for you?

http://www.thaivisa....-web-developer/

Hey thanks.

I sent him a PM... may turn something up. That's my line of work right there.

Thanks again.

You've had plenty of advice along these lines, but your arrogance has kept you busy defending yourself against posters where you have been waving a red flag. Let this thread die and get on with it. And stop talking suicide as a joke when you're ready to brag about how tough you are the next minute.