Why Am I Having Such A Naff Time In The Place I Love?

newsite12

The main point you missed , money IN HAND for 3 months , the funds you had were not in your hand , it was in the hand of an outside entity that could and did lock your access to them , you planned your move to Thailand 9 months in advance , you know much about Thailand and how it operates , but you still failed to purchase a return flight (Money in YOUR hand) . You seem to be unaware that you cannot teach without a work permit , you are also unaware you cannot even busk in Thailand without a permit , for all of your reading(Perfect English) you seem to have failed to learn even the smallest detail about what you can or cannot do in Thailand . Time will tell .

Please read all my follow up posts.... you will notice I mentioned twice that i know about not being able to work in Thailand without a work permit. I mentioned about it in the original post and the post about the busking, i already mentioned that i knew it was not legal.

I also know working on my web business is not legal, but at least it is more inconspicuous than strumming a guitar outside the Korat mall.

Edited by newsite12

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know u stated that u would never use ebay or paypal again, but could you set up another account in your gf's name get another bank account (a thai bank?) and start again? what is it that you were selling? does it resemble something that is already made by another company too much?

Well,this thread certainly attracted the flames.

So, first off. Mind your manners and keep it civil thanks.

Secondly, OP, if you don't want discussion on the details of your life then simply post only the pertinent facts and leave out personal details you don't want discussed, By posting those details you invite discussion of them and as such, you will need to accept that fact.

Thirdly, drop the discussion of member's english and grammar, its very poor forum netiquette and one that is frowned upon here as many of our members are not native English speakers.

And finally, a note to leon1503- please do not post in all caps, its distracting, difficult to read and is considered shouting.

thanks.

... the issue is ebay/paypal can just randomly STEAL ALL YOUR SHIT?! <deleted> is up with that? thats some scary business right there, and they cannot be held accountable? sounds like the biggest scam ever and they are allowed to continue doing this?

Paypal do this all the time, most experienced traders either take the money out of the Paypal account ASAP, or operate a second Paypal account to 'buy' something from themselves, hence cutting the ties to their Ebay account.

Edited by sarahsbloke

:huh: :huh: you booked a 2 week return with no intenetion of using return ticket ..........................why

i find it hard to believe a grown adult gets themselves into these situations and you turn up in thailand with no debit/credit cards for emergency use.......:huh:

........ My children are well supported, i give up my house and a S**tload of cash for their well being. I basically left myself almost broke so that i could provide for their future.

.......So obviously i stirred up a load of trouble till she dumped this creep.. the consequences were, that i was barred from seeing my kids for months afterwards. A small price to pay in my opinion to guarantee the safety of my daughter ...........

The court gave my ex my house (400,000UKP) and a S..tload of cash, then told me I no longer had any responsibility (financial or otherwise) towards my 4 children.

The ex said I would never see my children again ....... I just said suit yourself, you keep 'em and moved 5000 miles away.

If that makes me a bad or evil person, so be it.

No such thing as justice for fathers in the UK, IMHO the UK is not a good place for men to live.

:huh: :huh: you booked a 2 week return with no intenetion of using return ticket ..........................why

i find it hard to believe a grown adult gets themselves into these situations and you turn up in thailand with no debit/credit cards for emergency use.......:huh:

I had 2 cards from main stream UK banks cancelled the first time I tried to use them in Thailand, even though they had been informed that I was coming here.

You can't get on a plane to Thailand without a return ticket (using Visa on arrival), return and single tickets are almost the same price on many flights from the UK.

Stop giving the guy such a hard time, he's been screwed by the UK government same as all other expats from the UK ...... pension, NHS, etc.

Edited by sarahsbloke
  • Like 2

i know u stated that u would never use ebay or paypal again, but could you set up another account in your gf's name get another bank account (a thai bank?) and start again? what is it that you were selling? does it resemble something that is already made by another company too much?

The items were actually makes i have never heard of, we are not taking Rolex and Gucci that you find everywhere, or even footy shirts. they weree audio equiptment that were of generic origin. All this was proven to Paypal, whom accepted the evidence. Ebay never even disputed the items in the first place... But a few days later, Paypal just blocked the account again and asked for proof of delivery with tracking, which I again supplied, and when proved that all items were delivered, and that customers were more than happy, i got this suspension notice with reason "your recent Ebay activity" and that counterfeits were forbidden. the only association with such items was this non paying bidder's negative feedback. That's all i can assume caused this. There is absolutely no way to get these guys to change their mind short of starting court action against them.

Like I said, this has happened to be before, when i owned my own brand of musical instruments... I was a huge Ebay trader, and had more than £12,000 locked into paypal for 9 weeks. I had to start court proceedings to get them to unblock the account. I was the bloody brand owner. with fully registered trademark. What do they want?

That is Paypal and Ebay. the internet is awash with victim stories. mine is a mere drop in the ocean. Never again... once bitten, twice shy, if i was to come on here in 6 months saying they did it again.... You would probably (and deservedly) rip me to shreds i think.

Bad luck pal, pay pal is known for that and of course there are cheats around, specially on EBay and the rest is called kamma as your beloved country of your choice is mainly buddhist and in the OP you mention that you do "merit" a lot and "wai the house", you should be aware of this unwritten law, which doesn't need law enforcement, no judges, no courts and lawyers won't help either... keep walking straight <deleted> happens!

have a nice day, every day!

........ My children are well supported, i give up my house and a S**tload of cash for their well being. I basically left myself almost broke so that i could provide for their future.

.......So obviously i stirred up a load of trouble till she dumped this creep.. the consequences were, that i was barred from seeing my kids for months afterwards. A small price to pay in my opinion to guarantee the safety of my daughter ...........

The court gave my ex my house (400,000UKP) and a S..tload of cash, then told me I no longer had any responsibility (financial or otherwise) towards my 4 children.

The ex said I would never see my children again ....... I just said suit yourself, you keep 'em and moved 5000 miles away.

No such thing as justice for fathers in the UK, IMHO the UK is not a good place for men to live.

I had 2 cards from main stream UK banks cancelled the first time I tried to use them in Thailand, even though they had been informed that I was coming here.

You can't get on a plane to Thailand without a return ticket (using Visa on arrival), return and single tickets are almost the same price on many flights from the UK.

Stop giving the guy such a hard time, he's been screwed by the UK government same as all other expats from the UK ...... pension, NHS, etc.

Haha..thanks for that... I also had my business Barclaycard blocked after using it once, and i used it to pay for the dam_n flight in my name in the first place. yes, you are totally correct. UK society only sees fathers as potential badness, and all the light of favour falls on the mother.

Here are some very true statistics. Most child abuse is at the hands of a step parent (usually male)... 90% of child murders are at the hands of a stepfather. Surely if the law used the simple logic derived from these statistics, then the father would be the obvious person to place the child with, so as to maximise protection of the child. but it does not work like that. The mother can say what she wants about the father, and this all gets believed, the father can say what he wants about the mother, and all this gets ignored.... no wonder those horrifying statistics exist. This is why my family back home keep a very close relationship with my kids, they have had way more access than me, and i done everything right and nothing wrong..... <deleted>.

Can i thank everyone (no matter what reply they posted.) This has at least allowed me to get things off my chest and clear my mind and give me back my focus.

says he is on a tourist visa i was under the impression you get these before you leave uk and have visa stamp in passport therefor you can come on 1 day ticket..

yes my uk bank cards are cancelled over here all the time however its only a 5 minute phone call to get them re instated..

says he is on a tourist visa i was under the impression you get these before you leave uk and have visa stamp in passport therefor you can come on 1 day ticket..

yes my uk bank cards are cancelled over here all the time however its only a 5 minute phone call to get them re instated..

30 day stamp at airport with a 15 day land stamp after, followed by a 60 day dbl entry which has just been validated with secoind use, giving me 60 more days and then the option of a 30 day extension.

Newbs don't know the difference between 'Tourist VISA' and 'VISA on arrival'

My banks wanted me to drop in and see them ................... I did phone them, but they wouldn't pay my airfare !!

Nice try guys. I am never coming in here for any advice.

Did anyone not notice where he mentioned suicide?

If this thread had been "Farang jumps in front of Freight train in Korat" , I am sure we will all throw in our heartfelt sympathies and wonder why he never talked to anyone?

Three months of emergency funds? Now we all cant be Suze orman smart, cut the guy some slack and tell him what he can do to provide for himself.

Nice try guys. I am never coming in here for any advice.

Did anyone not notice where he mentioned suicide?

If this thread had been "Farang jumps in front of Freight train in Korat" , I am sure we will all throw in our heartfelt sympathies and wonder why he never talked to anyone?

Three months of emergency funds? Now we all cant be Suze orman smart, cut the guy some slack and tell him what he can do to provide for himself.

In most countries, throwing oneself in front of a train would be quick and painless. However, I am led to believe that due to the constant late running of the trains here, I would probably starve to death before the train arrived.

You seem to be unaware that you cannot teach without a work permit , you are also unaware you cannot even busk in Thailand without a permit , for all of your reading(Perfect English) you seem to have failed to learn even the smallest detail about what you can or cannot do in Thailand . Time will tell .

Amazing- I don't know how you could read what he wrote and come to that conclusion. Especially as the part about busking where he specifically mentioned that fact he understood busking would be a no-no without a work permit. blink.gif

To the OP- it's an obvious thing to ask, but do you have friends back home who could lend you a bit of money until the PayPal dispute gets sorted? Would you be able to start court proceedings against PayPal from Thailand or would you have to go back to the UK for that?

You seem to be unaware that you cannot teach without a work permit , you are also unaware you cannot even busk in Thailand without a permit , for all of your reading(Perfect English) you seem to have failed to learn even the smallest detail about what you can or cannot do in Thailand . Time will tell .

Amazing- I don't know how you could read what he wrote and come to that conclusion. Especially as the part about busking where he specifically mentioned that fact he understood busking would be a no-no without a work permit. blink.gif

To the OP- it's an obvious thing to ask, but do you have friends back home who could lend you a bit of money until the PayPal dispute gets sorted? Would you be able to start court proceedings against PayPal from Thailand or would you have to go back to the UK for that?

Hi.

I don't really wish to borrow, where I can earn. I can start proceedings from here. But to be honest, I will just have to ride out the 180 days, then they have to give it. Its a pain in the ass, mostly because of the critical timing factor. But like someone already said.. What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.

And by his own admission, his ex-wife is a huge whore and not trustworthy to care for his children - all the more reason to not be sitting in Isaan with his internet girl friend... out of curiosity, how much younger is this Korat gf than you are mate?

let's face the facts here. down on his luck divorcee comes to thailand. has some bad luck. is broke. time to go home and pick up the pieces imho.

• Like 1

Hi.

I don't really wish to borrow, where I can earn. I can start proceedings from here. But to be honest, I will just have to ride out the 180 days, then they have to give it. Its a pain in the ass, mostly because of the critical timing factor. But like someone already said.. What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.

1000 Baht and 180 days = 5.56 baht per day. I'm fairly thrifty when it comes to money but Im not too sure about being able to make 1000 baht stretch that far, I assume you like to eat, at least once per day.

How is it that you were going to stay 180 days anyhowz, I mean, ur on a tourist visa & from ur OP, you seem to have already been here for a while. Without a pot to pisse in you seem as if you are up the preverbial creek without a paddle.

Im not sure I have any advice for you but one question begs to be answered. How did you notice you were in this situation when you suddenly only had 1,000 baht left........shouldnt the alarm bells been ringing a fair bit before that? Its a bad idea to be working since you don't want to end up in some immigration prison, especially cashless in one and with nobody back home willing to throw you a life line, you could literally rot there. Please take care.

• Like 1

And by his own admission, his ex-wife is a huge whore and not trustworthy to care for his children - all the more reason to not be sitting in Isaan with his internet girl friend... out of curiosity, how much younger is this Korat gf than you are mate?

let's face the facts here. down on his luck divorcee comes to thailand. has some bad luck. is broke. time to go home and pick up the pieces imho.

And your opinion would be totally wrong without any actual experience of police treatment of men accused of domestic violence in the UK (no evidence required)

If his ex plays the domestic violence/child abuse/stalking cards that my ex plays, the best place for him to be is in Korat.

The UK police can't harass, arrest and question him on a regular basis ... and he can prove he wasn't there.

Ever tried holding a job down, when the police walk in and pick you up twice a week for questioning?

As my brief always tells me ....... ALWAYS say you weren't there, makes it very hard for the police to prove anything (even if you did it and were there).

My ex reported my parents (in their 70s) and me to the police for having a gun and planning to kill her, 3 months after I moved to Thailand, the police wanted to search their house!

Luckily I wasn't there!

Edited by sarahsbloke

Jesus who cares if he loves his fuc_king kids or not ... the issue is ebay/paypal can just randomly STEAL ALL YOUR SHIT?!

None of us advising the OP to go home ever said he didn't love his kids. But this man's situation cannot be only about money, independent from his other responsibilities in life. If he was young, single, childless, debt free, etc., it would be one thing. He's not. His lack of money most likely will affect his children in the near or distant future. If he continues to live here without any income, how will he continue to support his children at home? He needs to think about putting his family first.

I really don't mind the critiques. I fully understand that all the facts are not present in the original post which i thought to be too long as it already stands. I intended to fill it in blank spots as i go, just to clarify points for the readers.

My children are well supported, i give up my house and a S**tload of cash for their well being. I basically left myself almost broke so that i could provide for their future.

My arrangements coming here were that i am returning to the UK in November to sort out a few things and have some time with the kids before returning here for another spell. I could (at one time) webcam with them on msn, and we could interact well. There was absolutely no indication other than my children's love for me. I can't believe for a moment that all of a sudden, they would all three decide to cut me out.

As for my ex... she is an habitual slut. My kids would complain tome that she would have a different man in her bed every week, this was not good for my kids to see. That is the sort of person she is.. i had to step in when my 8 year old daughter complained to me that one guy who would drive 80 miles after work every day to get there, was constantly following my daughter around the house and sitting next to her and cuddling her all the time, and emailing her like 3 times daily. Whilst paying no heed to the other 2 kids, and not even as much attention to their mum. When i read these emails.. it screamed out pedophile to me... How would most men react to that???

So obviously i stirred up a load of trouble till she dumped this creep.. the consequences were, that i was barred from seeing my kids for months afterwards. A small price to pay in my opinion to guarantee the safety of my daughter.

You see..... There are always extenuating circumstances to all my actions. I have been through a heck of a bad time. I needed this fresh start. My new project WILL eventually be started, and it WILL make a lot of money, and that is all part of my long term plan to rejuvenate my future and give my kids a really good upbringing. When they are 16 they will no longer be in their mother's care. i will have them, and 2 of them have already stated this as what they want. That is what my ex hates.. because once she loses the kids to me, then she will have no financial support. She may even have to get her first job ever.

Hmmmm. Seems to me that of course you are not about to give details/explain your attitude towards your kids. But you did have three of them before taking the 'grass greener' route. I'm guessing you're still relatively younger than the 'old fart' contingent on this forum? ie, home bred 'kids' are never mentioned here, so former 'kids' all growed and able to take care of themselves.

This is easy. I'm also guessing that if my supposition re your kids in your 'home country' is fact, insofar as they are being taken care of by you, and/or the State, your presence, with or without the consent of your wife will only add to your kids' 'discomfort'.And so, if you are truly willing to work on your project, and your girlfriends' family are willing to give you a space on the floor and a bowl of quid diaow in the interim, take it. You'd be no use 'over there' anyhow.

This seems to be fueled by the fact that you did leave your "three young children" to live on the other side of the world. You chose a girl you met online over your own children. You chose your happiness over theirs. No wonder they feel abandoned. My advice? Go home and be with your children before it's too late. The longer you are away, the less likely they are to forgive you and to accept you back into their lives.

Hmmmm.... The fact s are, that my kids were fine with me and my decision. I totally explained the situation. We were in constant contact via msn and facebook, until last month i found they all deleted me from their facebooks, and so i messaged them, and they added me again, only to remove me again after a few hours, and then i got emails from them that seemed to be strangely written, and NOT sounding like what my kids would write like. The grammar was totally different to that of my kids. Then an email from my ex missus saying stop adding them to my facebook as it was confusing them. She is in fact a very nasty piece of work who was with me until the big money stopped rolling in, then she dumped me for a succession of different men, an airline pilot to name but one. That is the sort of person she is.

My last encounters with my children online were happy ones and we would laugh and joke and they would love to hear about all the strange things in Thailand.

I would mail them gifts etc... there were NO problems between me and my kids.

Well there certainly is now...and no wonder!!

How could you abandon your own children!

It's unbelievably how you are trying to blame your ex!

You have chosen cheap love/sex over the welfare of your own children, how could you?

Making merit to your own house won't help you, the Gods hate people like you.

"Ye reep what ye shall sow" I hope you end up in the gutter where you belong :bah:

• Like 1

This seems to be fueled by the fact that you did leave your "three young children" to live on the other side of the world. You chose a girl you met online over your own children. You chose your happiness over theirs. No wonder they feel abandoned. My advice? Go home and be with your children before it's too late. The longer you are away, the less likely they are to forgive you and to accept you back into their lives.

Hmmmm.... The fact s are, that my kids were fine with me and my decision. I totally explained the situation. We were in constant contact via msn and facebook, until last month i found they all deleted me from their facebooks, and so i messaged them, and they added me again, only to remove me again after a few hours, and then i got emails from them that seemed to be strangely written, and NOT sounding like what my kids would write like. The grammar was totally different to that of my kids. Then an email from my ex missus saying stop adding them to my facebook as it was confusing them. She is in fact a very nasty piece of work who was with me until the big money stopped rolling in, then she dumped me for a succession of different men, an airline pilot to name but one. That is the sort of person she is.

My last encounters with my children online were happy ones and we would laugh and joke and they would love to hear about all the strange things in Thailand.

I would mail them gifts etc... there were NO problems between me and my kids.

Well there certainly is now...and no wonder!!

How could you abandon your own children!

It's unbelievably how you are trying to blame your ex!

You have chosen cheap love/sex over the welfare of your own children, how could you?

Making merit to your own house won't help you, the Gods hate people like you.

"Ye reep what ye shall sow" I hope you end up in the gutter where you belong :bah:

With 1000 baht to his name ..think the op is already in the gutter rolleyes.gif