Jump to content

Which Visa To Get For Uk Tw To Cruise Round The Med?

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

We want to go on a cruise round the Mediterranean early next year. My Thai wife and has currently got ILR in the UK, not having ever done anything like this before, can someone please tell us if this is possible to multivisit different countries whilst on a ILR and if so which visa(s) would we need? Typically the countries could be Italy, Spain, France....

Many thanks in advance


Link to post
Share on other sites

Firstly you need to know which countries you will be visiting, and then check the websites for each country to see what their visa requirements are. Although the Schengen requirements should, in theory, be the same for all Schengen countries, you will find that there may be small differences between each country's visa requirements. Check them all.

Your wife will require a Schengen visa. If you are visiting more than one Schengen country, which you are, then she must get a multple entry visa. A single entry visa is not sufficient as it allows only one entry to the Schengen area. If the cruise visits non-Schengen countries too then your wife will probably need visa for each country. Again, check the websites for the countries you intend to visit.

With regard to the Schengen countries that you will visit, I would suggest applying for the visa at the Embassy of the first country you will stop at ( or, if you are flying to a Schengen country to pick up the cruise, apply at that Embassy ), although in theory you could apply at the Embassy of any Schengen country on the cruise itinerary.

Edited by VisasPlus
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...