How To Top Up Ais 3G Aircard

mikenxzz

Hi.

I purchased an AIS 3g aircard almost a month ago and have just run out of data on the 5gb plan I purchased.

I am trying to work out how to buy another 5gb package - just got off the phone to their call center which was not all that helpful.

What is the quickest and easiest way to get this going again?

Thanks for helping

Ok so from what they said I need to go to a 7/11 and purchase a top up card for the correct amount (950 baht plus VAT so 1017 baht or something) then call them again and ask them to put it on the data plan.

Seems like a long winded process and I don't understand why it cannot be easier? Surely there is a better way

Ok so from what they said I need to go to a 7/11 and purchase a top up card for the correct amount (950 baht plus VAT so 1017 baht or something) then call them again and ask them to put it on the data plan.

Seems like a long winded process and I don't understand why it cannot be easier? Surely there is a better way

You would think there is a better way but unfortunately there isn't. I have had endless frustration with this since i started using the service about 12 months ago. As soon as DTAC get 3g i will instantly be dumping AIS.

• 1 year later...

You don't just have a 5Gb plan.

You have a 30 day plan, and in those 30 days you can use 5Gb. If you go over the 5Gb, you can still use the internet for the remainder of the 30 days,but at a reduced speed of 384 kbps.

Which is still Ok for everything except video streaming and big downloads. Although you can still pull around 150 Mb of data per hour at that speed if needed.

They cannot just slap on an extra 5Gb, but they can add a second 30 day package and let two packages run simultaneously. But that way you'll get billed 899 (+vat) twice a month! But you'll have 10Gb of data allowance...

Depending on how long it took to use the 5Gb, you're maybe better to change to their 7Gb package at 999 Baht (+VAT).

If you want to top up, you don't need to go to the 7/11 and buy scratch cards, you can do at an ATM, or like myself, just use internet-banking on PC or smartphone/ PDA.

Changing to Dtac is not going to help, as it works exactly the same, 30 days/5Gb for 890 Baht +vat. After 5Gb finished, 384 kbps till the 30 days are over.

Or you can also run a second package simultaneously and get billed twice a month!

BTW, you do not need to talk to the call center, getting extra packages you can easily do by USSD codes, as published on their websites, you do however need to make sure enough funds are on the simcard...

Annoying thing is that most aircard software's don't allow to send ussd codes :( Meaning remove the sim, put in phone, run ussd and then back to aircard...

Dtac packages and their ussd codes to subscribe

http://www.happy.co.th/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=333&Itemid=368〈=en

AIS packages and USSD codes:

http://www.ais.co.th/12call/en/simcard-one2call-netsim-3G.html

• Like 1