What Thai Credit Cards Does Air Asia Accept

saanya

Hi,

My Thai wife and I tried to use two of our bank cards but neither worked, and my foreign CC company and Airasia are in dispute, so what used to be easy as pie, booking flights online in advance for a nice discount, is now somewhat mired in, shall we say, <deleted>.

We can start another bank account somewhere easily enough and get a check card, but any of you using a bank currently that fits the bill in Thailand, e.g. book online at airasia.com or even nok air, and pay successfully within the last 30-90 days?

I know there are probably 2-3 banks this works for but the 2 we have dont. : )

Anyhow thats so much for advice!

-saanya

I paid with AMEX, Thai issue.

OK, is that from a particular bank? Understandably if you don't wish to reveal it that's OK.

saanya

I had the same problem (Bangkok Bank ). Found out i had to verify my bank card with visa (online/telephone). Seems to be ok now.

You need to get your gf to talk to your bank about doing this.

Good luck.

About thai asia and some other airlines in thailand.Sometimes ya have to contact your credit card company before you book.

Kasikorn Bank send a One Time Password by text when u fill in the payment details whilst on Air Asia's site...takes about 2 minutes to get the password ...just fill it in where required and away u go...

If you have an SCB account then you can pay directly from your account for any flights originating in Thailand. It also works with international flights from Thailand if you book the round trip on the same ticket. You save the 50b per flight convenience fee as well. I have purchased many tickets this way. When you get to the payment page on the Airasia website select "direct debit" and you will see the link to SCB. It is the only bank in Thailand that AirAsia does this with right now. I have to enter the same user name and password that I use for SCB easynet internet banking when the SCB window opens when booking the ticket.

People seem to be a bit wound up by this convienience fee, Air Asia are not alone in charging to book by credit card. For instance Ryanair charge £5 per passenger each way, they also charge £5 to check in online, other carriers, even full fare carriers like Virgin and BA charge a percentage of the fare if using some cards.

All airlines are looking for new ways to collect revenue and I suspect there will be more to come.

Oh well must dash, go to Suvarnabhumi for my flight to Krabi this morning, incidently the return flight cost us 250 Baht each, that's 100 Baht convienience fee, not 100 Baht each way, and 150 Baht Airport Tax, not a bad deal I think.