What Level Does The Ping Flood?

wimpy

I was here in 2548!

I as well. Won't ever gorget that and hope to never see it that way around here again. I was helping my fiancee and her father remove the water from their house.

Edited by ThaiWx

I was here in 2548!

I as well. Won't ever gorget that and hope to never see it that way around here again. I was helping my fiancee and her father remove the water from their house.

From what my wife's family say's there is worse, there house had a small amount of water here then but have had 2m for month, This is near Mae Ping just south of Chiang Mai.

According to the authorities 3.7 meters at the Narawat Bridge.

post-91169-026089800 1284780974_thumb.gi

I wonder where they get their readings from. I don't which to follow/believe now. I've been hearing the river has peaked and now receding and this http://hydro-1.com/index.php?id=61&rivercode=0602 confirms that. Interesting, guess I may have to scoot over and take a look for myself.

According to the authorities 3.7 meters at the Narawat Bridge.

post-91169-026089800 1284780974_thumb.gi

I wonder where they get their readings from. I don't which to follow/believe now. I've been hearing the river has peaked and now receding and this http://hydro-1.com/i...&rivercode=0602 confirms that. Interesting, guess I may have to scoot over and take a look for myself.

Reading and projections are taken and made at and for the Narawat Bridge. Yes there are some areas on further down river that the embankment is lower and those areas are due to earlier flooding.

wimpy.

re .... At what level does the Ping flood at Nawarat bridge?

i dont think it will this year but heres some pics from sept 05 levels and yesterday

pic 1 ... taken on warrarot market bridge in sept 05

pic 2 ............................................................... yesterday

pic 3 the river level sign yesterday .

pic 4 the river level yesterday

pic 5 the army running a taxi service to nong hoi sept 05

pic 6 the same area as pics 3 and 4 from on narrawat bridge in sept 05

pics 1 and 2 ..... a rise of about 5 feet before the end of rainy season ? ...... nahh

enjoy ... dave2

post-42592-014401600 1284861901_thumb.jp

post-42592-049521600 1284861923_thumb.jp

post-42592-020494800 1284861947_thumb.jp

post-42592-042476900 1284861987_thumb.jp

post-42592-025181700 1284862015_thumb.jp

post-42592-035648300 1284862043_thumb.jp

Official Comment : No flooding in downtown Chiang Mai this year :)

Aw shucks.. Now I'm concerned about the unusually long complain-gap between "rain" and "it's too cold!", before we finally get to prime whining season in March, though some I'm sure will start as early as February about haze.

Oh wait, maybe this inconsistency in timing in itself could be a reason to complain.. I think this place TOTALLY sucks for not having reliable whining topics spaced out evenly through the year!

Another desperate measure could be to increase whining about fireworks around Loy Krathong, but there's only so many days of relief that can provide.

Official Comment : No flooding in downtown Chiang Mai this year :)

Aw shucks.. Now I'm concerned about the unusually long complain-gap between "rain" and "it's too cold!", before we finally get to prime whining season in March, though some I'm sure will start as early as February about haze.

Oh wait, maybe this inconsistency in timing in itself could be a reason to complain.. I think this place TOTALLY sucks for not having reliable whining topics spaced out evenly through the year!

Another desperate measure could be to increase whining about fireworks around Loy Krathong, but there's only so many days of relief that can provide.

How about a " Pinned Whining Topic "!!! :lol:

I hope the Mae Ngut Dam wall remains intact. It has been quite a concern for many years that the construction back in the early 1980's was less than perfect and the officials have had to let water out before it reach the danger level on many occasions. If it does let go you might will need to move to some high ground. :)

How about a " Pinned Whining Topic "!!! :lol:

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun GotLost,

Thanks to you for the on-going reports on the Ping, and Khun Wimpy, and Khun Dave2, for excellent photographs on this thread !

We agree with you and Khun WinnieTheKhwai: think a pinned "Weather Whinging Topic" would be cool.

May we add your and W'Khwai's idea to our list of proposed pinned topics which now include :

1. "The Sky is Falling" : sub-title "Weather Watching, Whining, Pollution, Floods, Heat, etc."

2. "Good Taste, Bad Taste, Tasteless, and Tasty" : sub-title "Restaurant Reviews"

3. "Grandpa's Last Boner" : sub-title "Night Life"

4. "Why me, God ?" : sub-title "Bad things that happen to me just because I am a Farang"

5. "Some people say there's a woman to blame" [a] : sub-title "Broken Hearts, "No tellin' where the money went" , True Love, etc."

6. "And I know it's my own dam_n fault" [a] : sub-title "True Confessions of Lost Souls, The Bittersweet Ater-Taste of the Dust of Farang ignorance, etc. Long harrowing tales reeking of self-pity."

7. "Birth Control in Thailand by Eugenic road- and highway-culling of the weak, old, and slow as performed by the distracted, the psychopathic, and the drugged and/or drunk" : sub-title "Driving in Thailand"

8. "Mid-Life Road-Kill" : long esoteric discussions of the psychological and social effects of living in Thailand from sociological, existential, and anthropological points of view.

We're sure there are many other worthy topics waiting to be pinned, and the above are meant only as just an initial ante to get the game rolling.

best, ~o:37;

[a] Jimmy Buffet, "Margaritaville"

Robert Palmer, "Simply Irresistible"

• Like 1