Facebook Blocked By Mict

RedNIvar

I saw the Facebook block as of about 930pm this evening. Probably to keep red shirts from using it to coordinate for tomorrow's protest in Chiang Mai (I just came from Sanam Kila where a stage and sound system is being erected). With Abhisit's US visit coming up the government might also be worried about...

Edited by Captain_Bob

I can access FB through my iphone. I think it is logging in through FB mobile. Thanks for the Facebook.com tip, it worked for me as well.

I did find however that I can not go back to my Wall or Updates from Mafia Wars by pressing Home, it gives me the same message. Not sure if this is the same with all Games.

I can access FB through my iphone. I think it is logging in through FB mobile. Thanks for the Facebook.com tip, it worked for me as well.

I did find however that I can not go back to my Wall or Updates from Mafia Wars by pressing Home, it gives me the same message. Not sure if this is the same with all Games.

Mine too via TOT work properly in Prachuap Khiri Khan ..... they should not forget at this time 03:00 Americans are weak-up and a lot use Facebook special on Sunday so can be also the Facebook server which make trouble :D not always MICT

Edited by challenger99

On True, it was blocked, but the address i had saved was something like facebook.com/home.php, or some such. When i typed in facebook.com it worked just fine.

Same here.

BKK 5am via True.

After login the MICT site popped up.

I clicked the browsers "go back" button and Facebook loaded normally. :P

It still pops up, but easy to get around. It does not look like it is completely blocking me out, but just being a nuisance. I'm on True, and it looks like this might be a True only issue.

Same here on True Internet around 10.30 this morning but it is gone now.

No problem on True Mobile (with Iphone or Android apps) though.

OMG, and now, how can I publish all the BS of my life on the web??? :o

Well one still has TV for that laugh.gif.

No personal pun intended wink.gif, but we could go on for ages about FB jap.gif

Anyway since last night, my internet is also bloooooooody slow for web browsing on True. I could not even see properly this page without using my VPN!

:jap: Maybe only those with ugly faces get blocked????

Hey, why do you got to pick on a poor little kid?annoyed.gif

I personally think it was due to the red colored boxers I was wearing, took them off and now it works!unsure.gif

Well put on some yellow panties and boy scout hat and tie, maybe they will double your connection. :lol:

Facebook opens normally here, as always. When it's locally blocked (do they??) in your area or via your provider, still nothing lost, there are enough sites to bypas.in every block. I never had any sites blocked here the past years, because I just don't allow anyone to block my free internet.

:lol:

Edited by bangkokcitylimits

facebook is still blocked on my 3bb in samui but i didn't even noticed it cause i'm always using https:// version of the site.

so instead of http://www.facebook.com/login.php use https://www.facebook.com/login.php everything will be fine.

if you don't wanna be annoyed and if you're using firefox you can add this extenstion : "https-everywhere" .

have fun :)

Sorry, didn't see this one otherwise would have posted here

It seems ongoing and now, from other reports, not just 3BB.

Using www.facebook.com works for me as well. Just have to login, see you are blocked and then go to facebook.com instead of facebook.com/index.php which is blocked.

3BB tried to tell me it was just me that was blocked :rolleyes:

If you use Firefox and its blocked just use the back browser button and it opens into your account.

Regards

Scotsman

I was going to use facebook's mobile site (have to use that one when in Vietnam) but instinctively hit the back button and it worked fine. This block message only started for me yesterday afternoon in Chiang Mai - very odd how it's affecting different parts of the country at different times. Even stranger, I have 2 accounts, both were affected. My husband didn't get the blocked message on his account last night (I did every time I logged on), but it was there for him this morning. I've just logged on to all 3 accounts about a minute ago and didn't get the block on any of them. Very strange - hope it's not a sign of things to come and they're testing out blocking social networking........

I been getting the message all day today. if you are allready logged in it seems to work ok, but if you have logged out and then try to log in agian you will get the blocked message. Then you have to go to facebook.com and everything is fine. I am using 3BB in Bangkok. I just find it strange you have the reds and yellow groups fighting, but seems the Thais are totaly blind to cenership ship and do not speak up or compalin about it. If they are trying to block facebook it is a very poor block, it could just the well trained people at the MICT. I posted some things on facebook about the CAT being evil well the MICT is the same.

• Like 1