Starting To Play Golf

lorddaverichards

Hi everyone

I have been living in Changwtaatana for a couple of years and want to start to play golf again -

I have many questions and some information i have already found out - there are many course within a few miles oif my home on soi 14 changwttana Meung Ake seems to be the best? for my needs

Looking to play once a week, it seems Monday is the best and cheapest day to play?

anyway cut to the chase - if i decide to start again and after the initial money for new clubs, balls shoes etc - Can pleople advise me how much a days golf would cost here inc fees caddies tips etc posssible food and drink - i am wanting to know to see that i can budget i dont want to start playing and find that i am struggling to find money to play every week -

Is it cheaper to joing golf scocieties

And i know people will say its cheaper than playing in UK but i used to play on a pay and play municipal course when in UKi

hope i get some info and help me out

many thanks

Dave

700 - 1000bht for respectable courses on "Sport day" is typical.

If its of interest, I am selling a set of clubs (Ping Eye2) complete with 2 drivers, heaven (7) wood and putter and Classic Ping Golf bag. Very forgiving clubs and an inexpensive way to get back into the game.

PM me if you're interested.

If i start playing again will hire clubs for the 1st few months and if i get the gug then if the clubs are still for sale will be in touch to have a look many thanks dave

700 - 1000bht for respectable courses on "Sport day" is typical.

If its of interest, I am selling a set of clubs (Ping Eye2) complete with 2 drivers, heaven (7) wood and putter and Classic Ping Golf bag. Very forgiving clubs and an inexpensive way to get back into the game.

PM me if you're interested.

• 2 weeks later...

Chris, you live quite near to a few decent courses. Bangkok Golf Club is right up Tiwanon Rd. And Chuan Cheun (sp?) is right up Tiwanon and over the river. Actually I don't remember where Soi 14 is on Chaengwattana, but I'm assuming it's near Central Chaengwattana and not the other direction, yes? Either way, just a straight shot down CW (with the new overpasses it's easy) and then right up Tiwanon.

You should be able play a round all in less than 2000 THB definitely (prob closet to 1500ish of you're not eating, etc.). That includes some drinks here and there, caddy tips and what not. I always have change leftover from 2 1k bills. I love it up here, dam_n hot though - but then again this is Thailand.

Loz, black dot or blue dot on those Ping Eye2s? What shaft are you playing with them? What drivers? How much have you played on this set? I love the Eye2s - played them all through high school (yep I'm still young - kind of :P ). I have a set of black dots in the US, but now I think I'd rather have the blues. I'm interested, could you PM me with your price, location, pics and other details. I hope you have one of the old school Ping putters in that bag!

jcon

I've pm'd you with some details. I will send you pics if you give me your e mail. I sadly don't have a ping pal putter but if I find one locally used I can get it for you. I have seen them around, I love them too!!! Pal or Pal2 seem to change hands for not too much money. No more than 2000bht. And you're right, it would compliment the set!

• 2 months later...

Being a hacker I quite like Meuang Ake Vista; it's a nice course to play and cheaper than Meuang Ake. It is a short course but looks longer because it has all the features packed into a smaller space, so there is some satisfaction to be got from negotiating the obstacles without needing to bash the cover off the ball. I used to use it quite a lot and have good memories of getting on in regulation, which hardly happens nowadays. I think if you are on a budget then you would have some change from 1500 Baht.

• 1 month later...