Cost Of Soil, For Land Fill

sideshow

Hello everyone,

I have just purchased 1 Rai of land on the outskirts of Hua Hin and need to raise the level of the land by about 1metre, prior to letting it settle for about one year. I was wondering if anyone has knowledge of the cost of landfill soil per truck load? If so, do you have any contact names & numbers. Thank you very much.

Also could you also tell me the standard cost of building a wall (per metre), height approx 1.5m, block type (rendered) to surround the property? Again if you have any contact names / numbers they would be much apreciated.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to your reply.

• Like 1

not sure if this is going to help much, I live up country in Ubon and the dirt fill (looks sort of like clay soil) was 250 baht per truck load (a 4 ton class truck something like the Isuzu Elf size) however, I was told that the pricing is seasonal and the high season is during the raining or rice cultivating period - true or untrue I really don't know. My wife bought her

fill for 250 per 4 ton truck during off season. Make sure you are present at the site when the trucks dump the soil, some may pull a quick one or bring crappy unsuitable soil fill.

Also the pricing for the wall may vary, I had a company quote me 450 baht per sq2. Make sure the foundation is solid and your fill is compacted correctly.

Hello everyone,

I have just purchased 1 Rai of land on the outskirts of Hua Hin and need to raise the level of the land by about 1metre, prior to letting it settle for about one year. I was wondering if anyone has knowledge of the cost of landfill soil per truck load? If so, do you have any contact names & numbers. Thank you very much.

Hi, I prefer to work it by a lump sum than by the truck so can't help you on that, but 1m of landfil has been around 120,000 Baht/rai for the past couple of years where we are, there was a sudden jump from the previous 80k/rai as a result of the oil price spike. Ofcourse they never dropped it back down when oil prices came down. It will depend also on where you are in relation to the nearest source is, ask around your area and the Thais will know the local companies. Now's a better time than ever to shop around and get a good deal, seeing as everyone's desperate for work.
Also could you also tell me the standard cost of building a wall (per metre), height approx 1.5m, block type (rendered) to surround the property? Again if you have any contact names / numbers they would be much apreciated.
Price varies from builder to builder and what they think they can get away with, whether they're gonna get a nice house build from you or this their only job for you, that sort of thing. But from what I've seen and payed it's between 1,800-2,100 Baht per linear meter. That's with a src post every 2.8-3m with at least 1m deep footings into established earth, src beam at ground & top, render & paint both sides. Same story with oil, was 1,600/m a few years back. Again you should be able to better this if you shop around.

I'm sure you know already but don't let them have too much deposit or stage payments, it gives the less scrupulous one's the incentive to not finish the job properly, having a little agreement signed up, even just for a wall is normal in my experience. Good luck with whatever you're building, and ask to have a look round the builders recent jobs, most of them are only to happy to show you, if they're not then I'd probably not use them.

Cheers,

Edited by Burgernev