Wash Your Car In The Rain? Ever Do It?

WarpSpeed

Washing your car  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just did this afternoon and I enjoy doing it that way, it has many benefits and few drawbacks. Of course I'm not talking about thunderstorms, but a nice strong shower.

It's like taking a dip in a cool swimming pool in the heat of the day cools you off and no sweating, but you're still working and exercising.

It takes half as much time to do as the rain rinses while you're washing and due to that it also saves water and prevents premature drying in the high heat and no water spots.

It's pure rain water, as pure as rain water is these days so no water spots, even better drying it once the rain stops, or driving it underneath an over hang and dry..

If you aren't driving it afterwards on the dirty, muddy roadway it stays as clean as any other time, rain doesn't make your car dirty, the road dirt does. Besides if it gets wet again you can still just dry it off and like a fresh wash all over again..

No draw backs of note except maybe having to wash your own car, but that also becomes a benefit as you aren't paying for a detailing that is no longer good 5 minutes down the wet road when a dump truck drops off a mud pile in front of you or the sky opens up on your way home again.. :D

• Like 1

^^ :huh: I think there's a joke in there somewhere maybe you can shed some light on it??

I assume you were referring to my comment.

Not so much a joke, more a comment on why would anyone wash their own car when for a couple of hundred Baht you can get it done while you relax over a coffee?

When I was in Thailand I washed my vehicle, a pickup, once.

Nunca mas! (never again). :D

Ive got a Fortuner ...yes yes I know but it's a big lump and a full valet only cost 150bt. Have it done 10 time's and get one free. It took me once over four hour's to clean and I didnt do underneath it, or under the bonnet/hood. Why the buddha should I do it my self.

^^ :huh: I think there's a joke in there somewhere maybe you can shed some light on it??

Yeah !!!! for sure the only way.

Well taken !! Warpspeed, my broom-broom is my mia noi too her name is ' Sweetheart '.

I let my truck get very dirty and Thai people said to me all the time why so dirty and I say well you can clean it if it bothers you. ha, ha etc.

My English, european friends etc say your truck is filthy, well I just say it's a 4x4 it's supposed to be filthy.

The thing with me is the inside is always spotless and smells nice, I keep it like new all the time.

I have always gone out and washed my truck and the Mrs. car in the rain when appropriate.

My Mrs, thinks I'm crazy.

It's not a case of spending 120bht here in Old city Sukhothai it's getting some exercise and keeping cool. :jap:

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1

Yeah !!!! for sure the only way.

Well taken !! Warpspeed, my broom-broom is my mia noi too her name is ' Sweetheart '.

I let my truck get very dirty and Thai people said to me all the time why so dirty and I say well you can clean it if it bothers you. ha, ha etc.

My English, european friends etc say your truck is filthy, well I just say it's a 4x4 it's supposed to be filthy.

The thing with me is the inside is always spotless and smells nice, I keep it like new all the time.

I have always gone out and washed my truck and the Mrs. car in the rain when appropriate.

My Mrs, thinks I'm crazy.

It's not a case of spending 120bht here in Old city Sukhothai it's getting some exercise and keeping cool. :jap:

Yep! That's what it's about instead of sitting on ones posterior, making fat and balding.. it keeps you young to work and move and get your blood flowing..

Is your mia noi called Helga and an old, overweight German well past her prime ?

Hardly,,, we're not talking about a cross bred BMW/Yota here.. Mine is pure a bred German fraulein soon to get an OEM upgrade engine and do it right.........