China Here I Come!

scamp, glad your getting settled, it's a shame we couldn't meet up in the smoke but what with people trying to blow us up and all..... :o Next time honey, next time :D

You really are a good writer, why not try to use some of your time in Chinaland & start a book?

A friend once said that if I wrote a book, it would have no beggining, middle or end and would just be a load of waffle, albeit interesting waffle.

Short stories may be a better idea, derived from oldgroup emals, it's certainly something I'd like to try and many have suggested it.

Baht & Sold knows somebody at Asia books so I will contact him as soon as I have something I can submit.

As for London, it was so much hassle and I had all my luggage with me and it was hours before you would have finished work, but I should have called you and the other friend I was meeting.

I was tired, had no credit and it was all a bit of a messand I'd want you to see me at my best, not sweaty and knackered and lugging loads of stuff with me.

Definatly next time - how was the food festival or hasn't it happened yet?

Edited by The Gentleman Scamp

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't worry about it, after the bombings on thursday I was in no situation to meet anyone either, just went back to work Friday, finished as early as possible & got back to the burbs (where there is nothing worth blowing up :D )

Battersea park is tomorrow, we might go but will see when we get up in the morning, have been a couple of times & is a good day out but you know how sundays can be :o

You should def try to correlate your ideas & then stick things together, even if it's just random ramblings a good editor can make sense of it & collate it right, could make yourself a few bucks & then come back to LOS in the style you would like to become accustomed :D

Now wouldn't that be something Boo, wouldn't that be great... I could join the Thai Visa footie team. :D

Perhaps not, I haven't played football since I was eleven and I was rubbish at it then.

Here's an update anyway...

I am starving.

After the KFC this morning I went to the hotel cafe and ordered French toast but got peanut butter and honey sandwiches and I'm not a big fan of peanut butter.

So I ordered the roast pork instead and got two fried turkey escollops that were undercooked on the inside and tasted off, plus some red cabbage which I ate and a gravy boat full of mayonaise which I didn't touch.

The turkey escollops were savage, in fact I'm sure I set a record for the shortest measure of time that food hasbeen in my mouth, I couldn't bear it so I discreetly opened one of the sandwiches and spat the chewed up mess inside it and left them on the table where some of the lads who had just arrived having been rained off today gladly dug in, though one of them would have had an unpleasant surprise.

I can't believe the taxi system.

Basically, there are no taxis, you just get into ANYBODY'S car without even having to ask and give them 10 Yen or whatever the currency is to go where you want.

I start work tomorrow and by the looks of things outside I will need a dinghy and some oars to get there.

The search for tasty food continues. :o

Edited by The Gentleman Scamp

The taxi`s are great if you ever liked the thrills and spills of the fairground. It is the same as hairaising ride at silverstone that you can buy but lots cheaper. :o

I was in Shanghai in Feb and i thought the food was great and reasonable. Have a good trip. I am there again in October but only in Bejing for one day then i go to Canton.

One more survival tip... apparently there's an area with over 200 bars called Salitun Lu, Beijing's bar street. Proceed with caution and report back often :D

Keep up with the writing idea, good things may come of it yet. You certainly have the talent and also the ability to capture people's interest, usually expressed in your trademark entertaining, humorous and human way :o:D

Good luck over there!

Edited by baht&sold

One more survival tip... apparently there's an area with over 200 bars called Salitun Lu, Beijing's bar street. Proceed with caution and report back often :D

its a great pick-up place for the chinese chicks, lived in china for a couple of years, and its really a great place to have sexual affairs :D

so many of the local women or female students have no hesitation to jump to bed with you, trust me, they become really shameless once the dresses fall :D

look for these, you will have a ball :o

Scamp, I'd agree with Brit, better to steer clear of any land mines, make some good cash and leave in better shape than you arrived.

erm, kreon... oh, nevermind- except for what I hope is a mispelling ... :o

Edited by baht&sold

Scamp, I'd agree with Brit, better to steer clear of any land mines, make some good cash and leave in better shape than you arrived.

erm, kreon... oh, nevermind- except for what I hope is a mispelling ...  :o

I'm sure he meant chick!

A friend once said that if I wrote a book, it would have no beggining, middle or end and would just be a load of waffle, albeit interesting waffle.

Yeah, someone tried that before and actually got it published... something about running rivers... think his name was Finnegan or something...

It's great writing, don't stop.

(Oh, you can't...?)

give them 10 Yen or whatever the currency is

Good to see you've done your background research :o

Yeah, someone tried that before and actually got it published... something about running rivers... think his name was Finnegan or something...

(Oh, you can't...?)

Good to see you've done your background research :D

Nice of you to make me laugh for a change... :D ...Anyway, the currency is the R&B apparently, which I always thought was a vile form of music.

I'm about to start work, the hotel and it's staff are very nice and I have been extra polite and well spoken today because I'm in my rough clothes whilst we set up for another week before opening so I have all my tattoos on show and feel I need to make an effort to be more of a good ambassador seeing as most of the ride operators don't care how they're viewed by foreigners.

I recieved a birthday present from the hotel manager shortly after checking into my room the day before yesterday when I arived, I couldn't believe it!

It was however, 1 month late to the day but I was surprised to say the least.

It was a traditional statuette in a box of polystyrene beans wraped in yellow crepe paper with a big red bow and was accompanied by a card.

That certainly makes up for the nasty food and having all my money stolen at the airport. :o:D

Dosh stolen at the airport? :D Is it me or do you have the worst luck in the world Scampy?

If it wasn't for bad luck. ole Scamp would have no luck at all :D

Many a true word spoken in jest Doc... :D

sorry to hear that :D

but yes they are great pickpockets, the problem everywhere you there are crowds, so scampy, watch you dosh, especially at large gatherings :o

Aren't there any internet cafe's in China for ole Scampy to tap in from ?

Are there ever,they are everywhere ,and huge,one I used in Kunming had 400 terminals on one floor. The chinese sit there all day with there ciggy,s and food and drink and watch movies. Allthe hotels have an Internet room but boy are they expensive, up to100 yuan (500bt) per hour.

(Oh, you can't...?)

Good to see you've done your background research :D

Nice of you to make me laugh for a change... :D ...Anyway, the currency is the R&B apparently, which I always thought was a vile form of music.

I'm about to start work, the hotel and it's staff are very nice and I have been extra polite and well spoken today because I'm in my rough clothes whilst we set up for another week before opening so I have all my tattoos on show and feel I need to make an effort to be more of a good ambassador seeing as most of the ride operators don't care how they're viewed by foreigners.

I recieved a birthday present from the hotel manager shortly after checking into my room the day before yesterday when I arived, I couldn't believe it!

It was however, 1 month late to the day but I was surprised to say the least.

It was a traditional statuette in a box of polystyrene beans wraped in yellow crepe paper with a big red bow and was accompanied by a card.

That certainly makes up for the nasty food and having all my money stolen at the airport. :o:D

RMB short for Renmimbi but Yuan will do,dont flash your tatts to much Scamps,usually only Triad members have tatts in China. I got so sick of telling people I wasnt an ozzy Triad member I started wearing long sleeves + the ladies are a bit wary of them. :D