Third Level Education In Usa

djayz

I have no idea where to post this topic but here goes anyway: one of my students is currently training here in BKK to be an auto mechanic. He wants to study more about this field at a very good university in the USA. I'm not from the States and have no idea what courses the average university offers. Looking for a university in the USA that trains/teaches students to be "auto mechanics". Where could we find more information. Can anybody point us in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

have no idea where to post this topic but here goes anyway: one of my students is currently training here in BKK to be an auto mechanic. He wants to study more about this field at a very good university in the USA. I'm not from the States and have no idea what courses the average university offers. Looking for a university in the USA that trains/teaches students to be "auto mechanics". Where could we find more information. Can anybody point us in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

Look at Technical Vocational College or Institute and Community Colleges. These are the educational institutions in the US that will have course for auto mechanic. They are in every state. These education institute are 2 to 4 years courses. A university will not offer this kind of course an engineering degree yes. As an example... http://www.cnm.edu/

Edited by gotlost

have no idea where to post this topic but here goes anyway: one of my students is currently training here in BKK to be an auto mechanic. He wants to study more about this field at a very good university in the USA. I'm not from the States and have no idea what courses the average university offers. Looking for a university in the USA that trains/teaches students to be "auto mechanics". Where could we find more information. Can anybody point us in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

Look at Technical Vocational College or Institute and Community Colleges. These are the educational institutions in the US that will have course for auto mechanic. They are in every state. These education institute are 2 to 4 years courses. A university will not offer this kind of course an engineering degree yes. As an example... http://www.cnm.edu/

I have attended classes at CNM in refrigeration and they have an excellent automotive program. One can do the 2 year program and recieve an associates degree or just complete the automotive section in 1 year. there is a very good automotive program in Phionex Arizona but it is a private company and I cannot remember the name. Someone I know attended there motorcycle training program..

this link by CWMcMurray is one of your best bets.

In America, colleges and universities do not teach car repair.

In almost every state in the USA there will be an employment development department. In California it is called the EDD (Employment Development Department).

These people will know of places for vocational training.

In some related industries, like trucking, they are so desperate for people they might give some training free.

Lots of community colleges and technical schools offer certification in auto mechanics in the usa. The question you should ask is if he will be able to get a visa for education that is readily availible in his home country. And trust me there is no shortage right now in the us for any job classification including turning wrenches lol

.. And trust me there is no shortage right now in the us for any job classification including turning wrenches lol

one of the classic causes of economic depressions is labor shortage.

here is a link to some articles documenting labor shortages in technical and manual job categories:

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/735587.html

here is an excerpt:

"A major study by the National Association of Manufacturers in 2003

showed that even during the most recent recession, 80% of

manufacturers had a moderate to serious shortage of production

workers, machinists and craftworkers. The group predicts that

manufacturers will need as many as 10 million new skilled workers by

2020, in part to replace the aging boomers who make up a large part of

the 14 million manufacturing jobs today."