Best Anti-Theft Device?

EnSvenskTiger

Hi!

Just bought a Isuzu Dmax 3.0 4x4 etc etc. Well, I just payed 10000 in down payment the rest on delivery in aprox 2 weeks. But now I just saw on the telly that a lot of Isuzus are being stolen so I ask this forums experts: The best anti theft-system available in Thailand?

Tiger

I think so to, but witch vire and where? I did this thing on a Harley ( ground from the coil) years ago but the they just lifted the whole bike away!

On a diesel what can you do? My GF keeps teling me about something, some device, that you put on one or more of your weels. Anyone bites?

Tiger

I think so to, but witch vire and where? I did this thing on a Harley ( ground from the coil) years ago but the they just lifted the whole bike away!

On a diesel what can you do? My GF keeps teling me about something, some device, that you put on one or more of your weels. Anyone bites?

Tiger

Maybe something like the device like the police employ in BKK for illegally parked cars. This would certainly slow them down a bit.rolleyes.gif

Tiger

Maybe something like the device like the police employ in BKK for illegally parked cars. This would certainly slow them down a bit.rolleyes.gif

dont know the izu spec, but my Vigo comes with a chip in the keys, making it impossible to start with a copy key. Remote controlled alarm too.

behind the glove box is the place to search, to cut a wire and install a hidden switch on it

modern diesels are just like petrol, advanced electronic control of auto and engine

Just another line of thought, if you are going the option regarding a switch ALSO think about including some form of VISUAL deterrant, such as a steering lock. They arnt that expensive & whilst they can be beaten they also signal something extra for the would-be theif to get through & that might just be enough for them to move onto the next vehicle which doesnt have one.

All good advice! I think the imobiliser for the weels is what GF is looking for but a stearing weel lock is probably a thing to have too. Can be seen and they will hopfully turn away.

I will search the car on arrival for possible wires to cut for a switch.

What I heard a modern car can not be stolen due to the security built in to the software in the key, but still I see on TV they are! Inside work?

Thank you gents!

Any news on the 2011 Dmax?

Viking

All good advice! I think the imobiliser for the weels is what GF is looking for but a stearing weel lock is probably a thing to have too. Can be seen and they will hopfully turn away.

I will search the car on arrival for possible wires to cut for a switch.

What I heard a modern car can not be stolen due to the security built in to the software in the key, but still I see on TV they are! Inside work?

Thank you gents!

Any news on the 2011 Dmax?

Viking

For those who know, Immobilizer is rather easy to bypass in engine bay

Agree with the switch idea, simple inexpensive and effective.

On a diesel connect it via the fuel solenoid, have the switch hidden but easy to reach and get into the habit of flicking it off every time you leave the car, even if just popping into 7-11 for a moment.

Oh! and if your car does not start one morning, check the switch first. :whistling:

Standard build in anti-theft should be pretty good, but pro's can easily by-pass them.

An extra level of protection you can put in is a GPRS/GPS tracker.

Small device, it can always give the exact location of the car. In case of theft it should be fairly easy to recover the vehicle!

Goes from a few thousand Baht for a little unit which only gives you location on request, virtually no monthly fees apart from having to keep the sim-card alive, up to devices costing 20,000 Baht and more, which actually can stop the vehicle remotely as well. They usually come with a rather expensive (1000 Baht/month or more) service subscription, and will continually track the vehicle, a quick look on the servers will show you where the vehicle is and where it has been!

• Like 1

Small device, it can always give the exact location of the car. In case of theft it should be fairly easy to recover the vehicle!

Goes from a few thousand Baht for a little unit which only gives you location on request, virtually no monthly fees apart from having to keep the sim-card alive, up to devices costing 20,000 Baht and more, which actually can stop the vehicle remotely as well. They usually come with a rather expensive (1000 Baht/month or more) service subscription, and will continually track the vehicle, a quick look on the servers will show you where the vehicle is and where it has been!

On the subject of 'devices' with the capability of remotely stopping a car, are you familiar with using an iPhone installed with an app as a device capable of stopping a car remotely? Do you know whether a driver who already has a contract free - an unlocked version - of this, or any phone, with one of these apps, this would be cost effective way or not?

And quite cheap too.. This one goes for 3,500 THB, no integration with alarms or engine limiting/disabling features, but it will tell you where you car is..

http://www.the-richy.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13:gps-track&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=65

• Like 1

And quite cheap too.. This one goes for 3,500 THB, no integration with alarms or engine limiting/disabling features, but it will tell you where you car is..

http://www.the-richy...-news&Itemid=65

This one seems to be the one to get! Like you said: "........no integration with alarms or engine limiting/disabling features." Cool!

This one seems to be the one to get! Like you said: "........no integration with alarms or engine limiting/disabling features." Cool!

The last thing i would want in my car is a GSM (mobilephonesystem) device able to stop the engine. What if someone call your tracker-number by mistake? or plain interference. car stops, perhaps while overtaking

• Like 1

The last thing i would want in my car is a GSM (mobilephonesystem) device able to stop the engine. What if someone call your tracker-number by mistake? or plain interference. car stops, perhaps while overtaking

.....another excellent point!

Edited by Ahnsahn

2 things,

first get boostspeed from ecu shop, and when you are not driving the truck, set the dial to 0. 0 will give the truck ZERO throttle response,

so you can not accelerate at all. (hide the box and thats one of the best types)

another,,

get a racing steering wheel with retractable steering wheel hub adopter, no one will steal a car without a steering wheel being their :)

now picture you having both,

first of their is 0 throttle response and no steering wheel to direct the truck......any smart or dumb thief would just walk away :)

Most alarm systems only control one wire and that is the starter wire. Its just a relay. Some shops connect the wire wrong connecting the wire in a normally open connection. So one really just needs to pull out the alram box or disconnect the harness to be able to start the car.

2 things,

first get boostspeed from ecu shop, and when you are not driving the truck, set the dial to 0. 0 will give the truck ZERO throttle response,

so you can not accelerate at all. (hide the box and thats one of the best types)

another,,

get a racing steering wheel with retractable steering wheel hub adopter, no one will steal a car without a steering wheel being their :)

now picture you having both,

first of their is 0 throttle response and no steering wheel to direct the truck......any smart or dumb thief would just walk away :)

zero throttle response can easily be achieved by a switch on the throttle wire, but I would rather have a switch on the starter circuit

a racing steering wheel will lack airbag

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a GSM module available that would plug into the existing ECU on a Mitsu or Toyota so that a signal can be send to cut the power I know it can be done to a add on chip if installed. If so any make or availability in Thai.

In order to make me , and GF, sleeping better we went to a garage where they weldet a "devise" on the brake pedal (AT) that I can pass a steelrod through and attatch a padlock to. What it does it that the brakepedal is depressed when this rod is in place. Can it be pryed open? Any thing can but its narrow down there for the thief to work with crowbar etc, and a surprise to the thief for sure. The spare wheel got a simular devise so hopfully it will stay put.

Regards

Tiger

In order to make me , and GF, sleeping better we went to a garage where they weldet a "devise" on the brake pedal (AT) that I can pass a steelrod through and attatch a padlock to. What it does it that the brakepedal is depressed when this rod is in place. Can it be pryed open? Any thing can but its narrow down there for the thief to work with crowbar etc, and a surprise to the thief for sure. The spare wheel got a simular devise so hopfully it will stay put.

Regards

Tiger

Heard of bolt croppers. If your lucky the Thai thief hasn't.

Joking aside the thief will go to another motor. :)