Accommodation

Tolley

Guys I have been looking around Pattaya the last couple of days for monthly accommodation and cannot find any with a decent size 1 bedroom that also has UBC satellite.

I don't mind paying20-25k but need UBC for sport and also need some space for myself and partner.

Any ideas?

I think all apartments will have Sophon Cable tv, not UBC satellite.

If you are staying long term, you could probably agree to have your own dish installed, costs about 14,000 Baht and then 2000 per month for Platininum service that gives you all the channels.

Be warned tho, I think UBC will be going over to pay per view for big sporting events soon. They have 1 pay per view channel running now and another ready ( I think ch 71 and 72)

If Sophon is OK for you, then I cannot understand your difficulty in that price range.

Pick up the Pattaya trader ( Supermarkets specially Friendship on S. Pattaya Road), has a lot of private rentals, more likely to have dish installed.

Most places will not want to pay the difference between Sophon and UBC though.

Check out Fair properties in View Talay 1. When I first arrived I rented an apartment with UBC from them around for around 12000 per month nice to. UBC is optional I think its and extra 1500 but is worth it as Sophon's pretty dire.

Guys I have been looking around Pattaya the last couple of days for monthly accommodation and cannot find any with a decent size 1 bedroom that also has UBC satellite.

I don't mind paying20-25k but need UBC for sport and also need some space for myself and partner.

Any ideas?

Just a suggestion. Find an apartment with sophon only. Not having UBC is a great excuse to tell your partner "I'm just popping out to watch the rugby" or whatever.

Not that I would do such a thing. :o

Seems to be sharply priced, considering the fascilities!

Especially the internet access and UBC in the room, hard to find indeed!

Only the 7 Baht/unit for the electric seems a bit steep. Is going to add a couple of thousands to the bill if you like your room nicely chilled :o

Oh too late ...that looked good too...

Got a place called Mikes Orchid on soi 4.

Two months old apartment very nice indeed 18000baht a month..daily rate 1600 so good discount..

Unfortunatley no UBC cept a few of the lame ones...really wanted it for the cricket but it is on pay for view anyway...oh well