Bangkok To Loas Vientiane

STEALTH K3

I have never flown because I always drive there from Bangkok and visit family on the way but I do know from friends that have flown and they say to fly to the north of Thailand, not sure where the airport is up there and then take a bus accross the boarder. this can save 4-5k Baht.

Air Lao. Bangkok to Vientiane return includes tax 10,488 baht.

http://www.laoairlin...ight/result.php

Both Nok and Air Aisa are in between 3,000 and 4,000Baht to Udon Thani. But then add 200Baht for the bus to the Friendship Bridge, then haggle taxi dudes to get to Vientiane (about 250 Baht is a fair price). Then the same on the way back, but include 100 baht to get a taxi from the Friendship Bridge to the bus station which will take you back to Udon Thani airport.

Or catch a train for around 500Baht. It's not for me, but if budget is an issue that is the cheapest way.

I'm going to be flamed for this but I always wonder about the mentality of someone who has hundreds of posts and is presumably aware of how to use the internet, that he has to come onto a forum and ask a question like this. Search engines are extremely good. Don't be a lazy so and so and expect others to do the searching for you. However, amongst other search engines, try www.dohop.com.

The problem I have with ticketing agencies is that they only offer flights for which they've bought a batch of tickets for. For example, if I check flights from Amsterdam to Bangkok departing mid October, the cheapest available is supposedly with Egyptair @ €881. However, there's a cheaper option available with Emirates @ €736 which isn't included in the available options, presumably because dohop.com in this particular case has sold out of those.

It's always a better idea to check with the airlines themselves I find.

By the way, if you delay your trip until 3rd January, you can fly AirAsia for 950 Baht. That's the good news. The bad news is the flight departs Kuala Lumpur, not Bangkok. Still, you can take a flight from Bangkok to KLIA LCCT for about 4,600 Baht return and then take the early morning run to Vientiane from there. It's a roundabout route I know, but if you want to save money......

Google Visa Run Service, there are Mini Buses from BKK to the Thai Embassy + Hotel etc if your going for a Visa, some go 2x weeks other 1x week...

Also other Companies offering Full Visa Service with flights [Air Asia]+ mini bus + Hotel

Edited by ignis

I'm going to be flamed for this but I always wonder about the mentality of someone who has hundreds of posts and is presumably aware of how to use the internet, that he has to come onto a forum and ask a question like this. Search engines are extremely good. Don't be a lazy so and so and expect others to do the searching for you. However, amongst other search engines, try www.dohop.com.

I disagree.Sometimes you can get some very good recommendations from PERSONAL experience.Much more valuable than websites.