Bougainvillea Plants

BIGJIMMY

Hey'up folks, i'm after Bougainvillea climbing plants for my garden, we live in Pattaya, I have tried many garden shops locally but nothing as yet, and I know that they are and do grow in Thailand, does anyone know where I can get some?

Thanks

BigJimmy

There's a new garden centre opened up near my house, it's very large and has most plants you can think of and quite a few others. Never had problems buying them in other garden shops before though, maybe you were just unlucky in the ones you looked at. Don't forget the weekend (Fri - Sun) plant market on Sukhumwit, opposite Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. They definitely have everything!

To get to the one near my house, turn left off Sukhumwit southbound at the Chayapreuk junction. Travel up Chayapreuk 2 over the railway and on for about 1.5 kms. When you can see a large building ahead on the left side of the road with a yellow 'Captain' sign on the top of it, slow and look for a sign on the left of the road that says 'Euro Badminton'. This is a crossroads of sorts, but it's not very obvious. Turn RIGHT, fork round the big tree and the garden centre is about another 100m on the left. It sells rice in bulk as well, for some reason!!

There's a new garden centre opened up near my house, it's very large and has most plants you can think of and quite a few others. Never had problems buying them in other garden shops before though, maybe you were just unlucky in the ones you looked at. Don't forget the weekend (Fri - Sun) plant market on Sukhumwit, opposite Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. They definitely have everything!

To get to the one near my house, turn left off Sukhumwit southbound at the Chayapreuk junction. Travel up Chayapreuk 2 over the railway and on for about 1.5 kms. When you can see a large building ahead on the left side of the road with a yellow 'Captain' sign on the top of it, slow and look for a sign on the left of the road that says 'Euro Badminton'. This is a crossroads of sorts, but it's not very obvious. Turn RIGHT, fork round the big tree and the garden centre is about another 100m on the left. It sells rice in bulk as well, for some reason!!

Soi Khaomakok 1 that is. you will see the 4 big piling rigs in place to start Koral project, just past them on the left..

OR, you could take some of the roads around Huay Yai area, the stuff grows wild at the side of the roads, take a spade with you!!:lol:

eefoo - if you are going up Chaiyapruek 2 from Sukhumvit and come to the big shop with the Captian sign - you have gone too far by about 200m.

Edited by LennyW

When you can see a large building ahead on the left side of the road with a yellow 'Captain' sign on the top of it, slow and look for a sign on the left of the road that says 'Euro Badminton'.

eefoo - if you are going up Chaiyapruek 2 from Sukhumvit and come to the big shop with the Captian sign - you have gone too far by about 200m.

Just to clarify - 'When you can see a large building ahead ....' is not the same as 'when you get to a large building ...'

you can see the Captain sign for almost 300m before you get to it - long enough to 'slow down and look for a sign ...'

By the way - you don't need a spade to get wild (or any other) bougainvilleas. Just take cuttings.

• 2 weeks later...

Also try that weekend garden market across from BP hospital. Great deals there and TONS of bougs...

They will climb a trellis and can turn into HUGE mounds after several years. If you want to see some really, really large ones, go over to the Phoenix Country Club...they line the front entrance and are massive.

I've seen bougs for sale at many shops around here....

Don't forget they can be a bit messy. The flowers fall off frequently...but they are so darn pretty!