Where To Go In Chiang Rai

welsh1

Where to stay are there any nice places maybe close to all amenities .Temples,shopping sightseeing ,Bars

Looking at about 500-1000 baht or maybe will spend a few baht more as I will have the other half with me.

and seeing as it's our anniversary will maybe treat her to some where nice Because that's the type of guy I am rolleyes.gif

Any good bars where I can get some good western food or maybe just a few beers and a good old chat with other farangs

Any bars that have live music playing

Any info would be very grateful wai.gif

Never been there myself, but I used to notice lots of Farang going in and out of

Rico's Beach Bar, near Condotel at the ChiangMai Gate...

:blink:

occurs to me that it might just leave a better impression than Jet Yod...

;)

B)

(sorry, can hardly help it, emoticons are just so silly, almost as stupid as their name!)

Been to Rico's once. Had a cheap spaghetti that turned out to have plastic in it. Prefer to pay more for my food and drinks...

The farrang community is near and on the Jed yod road. There are many places up and down. Probably best if you take a walk up at day and night, because it can be a very different place. Then you can pick whatever you like. Also it is very near walking of the night bazar.

Places to stay? Plenty. There are the older 4 star hotels wangcome and wiang inn. How much, is depending on season and your bargain skills. You can probably google it. Also the newer star bright as mentioned earlier is very nice (but no swimming pool). And if I remember correct star bright is both more expensive and (in my opinion) better than the 4 star hotels mentioned.

You can also go 3 star with choices like orchid guest house, diamond hotel and others I can not remember the name for.

Forget to mention i will be travelling with the Mrs so any bars with any hint of sleeze is out the window for me.

Unless , or maybe i could tell her im just popping down the road for a loaf of bread whistling.gif

I haven't been in many bars on Jetyod for a while but I wouldn't say any where particularly sleazy.

They're not exactly 'Lady Bars' . Any Sleazy places are easily avoidable. But it is Thailand.

Been to Rico's once. Had a cheap spaghetti that turned out to have plastic in it. Prefer to pay more for my food and drinks...

The farrang community is near and on the Jed yod road. There are many places up and down. Probably best if you take a walk up at day and night, because it can be a very different place. Then you can pick whatever you like. Also it is very near walking of the night bazar.

Places to stay? Plenty. There are the older 4 star hotels wangcome and wiang inn. How much, is depending on season and your bargain skills. You can probably google it. Also the newer star bright as mentioned earlier is very nice (but no swimming pool). And if I remember correct star bright is both more expensive and (in my opinion) better than the 4 star hotels mentioned.

You can also go 3 star with choices like orchid guest house, diamond hotel and others I can not remember the name for.

How much extra was the plastic?

I had the Thai food there, in the restaurant bit near the road, it was beautiful. Almost as good as my g/f's cooking, she liked it too, and it was really cheap, no plastic in mine though.

I was going to not ask but I just have to.....

Why do you prefer to pay more for your food and drinks?