Tuskers To Close

Greenside

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry to hear this as although I too am not a pub person and have only been there on the night of the TV party I could see that they had worked hard and had succeeded in providing a great environment andbase for the people of ChiangMai.

Both of them are real proffesionals in their business and I am sorry all their good work has not been able to be sold but sadly I think this may be becauise they have been too good.....few could live up to the standard they set.

I wish them well for the future.

Damm and double damm! That was just as nice a friendly meeting place as any in Thailand. We'll all miss Chas and Rachel.

Somebody will probably pick it up in the future, but it won't be the same without our good friends. I wish them all the best. I'm just sorry it will be closing before I return to Chiang Mai in a month. I hope some of us can invite them out as a couple somewhere else in the future. :(

A sad reflection on the current business environment in CM. Loads of goodwill ,plenty of blood ,sweat and tears put into an attractive venue and no one to take up the reins. Can only join with others in wishing you both good luck, you certainly deserve it.

Yet another local business gone. Truly sad

Attractive though it is to cry in our beers over every change, lest not forget that there are many new businesss opening up, as well as VERY successful business that are expanding.

Case in point: http://www.facebook.com/cafedelsol.chiangmai

50353_39918638883_6168_n.jpg

They're opening in a much larger/nicer locations near Guitarman. (Guitarman is another success story). October 2nd.

So I guess we have parties lined up for this Saturday AND the next! It's all good. ;)

Attractive though it is to cry in our beers over every change, lest not forget that there are many new businesss opening up, as well as VERY successful business that are expanding.

They're opening in a much larger/nicer locations near Guitarman. (Guitarman is another success story). October 2nd.

So I guess we have parties lined up for this Saturday AND the next! It's all good. ;)

Shame about the location though to quote you 'the scammy dump that is the night bazar'. ;)

Yep real good luck to Amy on the new place. its a brave move and I hope it works out really well for her, She was one of the first people I ever met in Chiang mai when I came here 6 years ago and I wish her all the best in the new location.

Is this the thread to start promoting other businesses? I don't think so.

Unless its somewhere that you want to promote Blinky then Its ok I suppose.........

Sometimes it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

Well done, thaimiller.

Case in point: http://www.facebook....elsol.chiangmai

Shame about the location though to quote you 'the scammy dump that is the night bazar'. ;)

? It's on Charoen Prathet. Where the very end of Loi Kroh meets the road along the river, where the Iron Bridge is. I fear you're quoting out of context as well; I do believe that a tourist visiting Chiang Mai will see a more pleasant and authentic environment in the old city, compared to staying at the D2, Royal Princess, etc. (Night Bazar area). Let's not go off topic pls.

Case in point: http://www.facebook....elsol.chiangmai

I think the topic was Tuskers to close - so you already

? It's on Charoen Prathet. Where the very end of Loi Kroh meets the road along the river, where the Iron Bridge is. I fear you're quoting out of context as well; I do believe that a tourist visiting Chiang Mai will see a more pleasant and authentic environment in the old city, compared to staying at the D2, Royal Princess, etc. (Night Bazar area). Let's not go off topic pls.

I think the topic was 'Tuskers to close' so you've already gone off topic lets leave it at that ;)

Say it isnt so? :shock1::crying:

Well sad day indeed for CM! I'm sorry to see the great Tuskers go especially since it was run by the two loveliest people in the world: Chas and Rachael. Anyways best of luck to the three of you and hope good fortune comes your way. Just remember you had a top notch venue and gave it your all - your patrons appreciated Tuskers and what it was a really nice place to eat/drink/socialize.

Here's hoping the last party goes off with a hitch and a bang! :partytime2:

PS. Always remember the chocolate curry! :shock1::licklips:

:wai:

One insensitive comment (and quoted replies) removed.

Tuskers was not just a meeting place, it was ran by two lovely people. If you didnt know them, or dont care, and only have something negative to put in, then there really is no need to comment on this thread at all.

For the record, i am not being biased. I would have deleted that comment even if i did not know of Tuskers.

Best of luck Chaz and Rachael.

------------

"Chocolate curry"??? Wah?? :blink:

Remember the days when every newcomer to Chiang mai who stopped in at the Expat Club was invited to Tuskers for a free dinner ( a great one too !) where they could meet other expats and familiarise themselves with the local scene ?

I do and I think that was the kindest and most gracious act by any business enterprise I've seen since living here.

You are both special people Chas and Rachel. Thank you for what you've given to the city. Deservedly good luck in all your future undertakings.

Cheers and God bless your bubs too.

Ahh thats sad news to hear.

Tuskers is run by the best hosts in any bar in CM.

All the best for the future Chas and Rach and I will be there on Saturday to say hi to two lovely people who made my move to C.M. 4 years ago a very pleasurable event.

Hey Chas, I still dont recall if I ever took up the free meal offer :D