Maxnet Vs. Hi-net (tt&t)

kamnan

My 1 year contract with Hi-net is expiring on August 1.. so I've applied for Maxnet and already paid the first month.. .. After reading the forum posts here I am having second thoughts now.. Maxnet's 512/256 kbps offer, for 790 Baht seemed a good deal... however if it is not worth it, i'll go back to Hi-net..

I'm into torrents a lot and is it true that Maxnet does not allow that? They can be the fastest service in town but if torrent downloading is a no-no for them, I am sticking with hi-net.. not the fastest downloads with hi-net, but at least I can download torrents and no hassles...

So shall I go for maxnet or not...appreciate your input...thanx

cheers

Hi kamnan,

Heres a link for the maxnet warning thread, kindly started by monty clicky-clicky

Heres a link (Thnx to buadhai) to TTT broadband maxnet packages clicky-clicky

I'm into torrents a lot and is it true that Maxnet does not allow that?

Yes, this is true the "maxnet 4 home" entry package (790baht) blocks Bit torrent and VoIP ports, but the higher packages do allow the use of them.

Hope this helps :o

Would anyone have a list of decent alternatives to Maxnet? Preferably in Hua Hin. Been with them for three months and they suck. Although this said I can still download torrents with Maxnet no problems.

I used to have Hi-Net, hated it, and switched to JI-Net 7 months ago. It costs more, but has been pretty reliable and works fine with Bittorrent. I'm in Chiang Mai, but if you have ADSL you should be able to choose any ISP.