Burger King

MZurf

I'm pretty sure that she didn't inform you about the extra price of the slice of cheese when she asked you if you wanted it and it is also not anywhere on their pricelist.

Well I can assure you that in my case she would have removed the slice and deducted the price again if they want to charge those ridiculous extra's.

I am very hesitant to visit Burger King because I know that I want cheese and the price seems almost insulting.

I believe there is a balloon chaser thread and a thrifty in Thailand type thread also running, surprised some of our more tighter than a ducks ass members havent

posted advising you to take your own cheese with you.

Probably due to the fact there isnt a BK on soi Buakao.

• Like 1

Might put things into perspective if you consider how much money you pissed away last night without batting an eyelid.

Actually...no. And how do you know I didn't bat an eyelid?

Well if you did bat an eyelid, you obviously didn't bat it sufficiently to start a thread about it.

You agreed to get the MEAL (Not a slice of cheese).

With the meal you get french fries and a drink, so 30 baht extra is a good deal.

Don't drink so much and you won't be so confused.

Agreed, He wanted the meal deal which as you said includes the drink and the fries. NOT JUST A SLICE OF CHEESE. Please don't exaggerate the cost.

Edited by sevenhills

With the meal you get french fries and a drink, so 30 baht extra is a good deal.

At least I have an excuse while your sense of logic indicates a less than sharp intellect.

And couldn't you find a bigger font size?

Edited by MZurf

Agreed, He wanted the meal deal which as you said includes the drink and the fries. NOT JUST A SLICE OF CHEESE. Please don't exaggerate the cost.

How is it possible to exaggerate the cost? It is what it is - 30 Baht for a slice of cheese.

If you're OK with that, fine. I think the price is pretty steep.

A plastic wrapped slice of cheese can be purchased at any supermarket for approx 80 baht per pack of 12.

That equates to about 7 baht per slice.

Simply take a cheese slice with you to the B.K., but wrap it in newspaper a few times to keep it cool and then discreetly slip it out of your pocket and on to your burger.

Over time you will save a fortune.

• Like 2

A plastic wrapped slice of cheese can be purchased at any supermarket for approx 80 baht per pack of 12.

Simply take a cheese slice with you to the B.K., but wrap it in newspaper a few times to keep it cool and then discreetly slip it out of your pocket and on to your burger.

But that won't work////every time I go to get one from the pack I eat 3 or 4 so there's the 30baht gone and I would't get the free drink and fries either.

for the cheap charlie deluxe version you could negotiate an extra 2 or 3 Baht fee for adding your cheese upon preparing the burger, so that it is melted when served.

Thinking abnout it....what about buying some buns and meat patties at Foodland, going with that stuff to the next McDonald or whatever and asking whether they can cook it for you. I might try this upon my next extensive night-out with certain board members I don't want to name here....:lol:

• Like 1

It is much simpler to go to McDonalds. In Thailand, the beef is pretty much the same (low) quality and Mickey Ds is quite a bit cheaper.

I agree 100%.

I just don't understand why B.K. is so much more expensive than McD. Is it because they produce flame grilled burgers?

On the odd occassion when I have beer googles welded on I get the super extra big McD burger and then retire to bed with antacid tablets and a pint of water.

i was just going to suggest the same thing

I just don't understand why B.K. is so much more expensive than McD. Is it because they produce flame grilled burgers?

I think that they dropped that flame grilled thing quite a while ago - at least in Thailand. It might be worth the extra money if they really tasted like they had been cooked over a flame, but they don't to me.

Edited by Ulysses G.

The day I walk into a Mc D or BK with a slice of cheese in my pocket I hope someone has the decency to shoot me!