Burger King

MZurf

I smell a franchise business opportunity here.....Cheap Charlie's Cheese Slices...10 baht per slice.... stalls located in front of burger joints throughout country...although this might force the burger joints to "beef "up security

Great idea!! I think I will by some cheese tomorrow, and a cart for my tgf, Just hope they dont "beef" up the security too much!! 55555555

the moral of the story is to always carry an extra slice of cheese in your wallet, you never know when you might need it....(this is a dual contribution to the cheap charlie thread)

Have been doing it for years.

Actually had one of those Angry Whoppers last week in Krabi, didn't have chili sauce but about half a pound of sliced red chilies (ok maybe exaggerating a tad, but there were loads), have to say it was pretty good.

Cannot understand why I don't seem to be able to lose weight.

I'm pretty sure BK in the States charges more for cheese than their Thai counterparts, if that's any consolation. I agree that the price seems excessive, but a Whopper tastes so much better with cheese!

I would be VERY surprised if a single slice of processed cheese costs more than a dollar in the U.S. :ermm:

Edited by Ulysses G.

Burger King Central Festival are doing a promotion for a full menu Beef BBQ burger : $99 bath, the burger alone is 59 bath.

Burger King at Big C Central Festival (on 2nd Road across from Soi 3)??? It's been awhile since I was there but didn't know there is a BK. Where is it?

^ There is about a mile difference between Big C opposite soi 2 on second road and Central Festival. If you don't know the difference then don't bother comment.

As for the plastic cheese that's offered with the burgers at MacD or Burger King, well if you fancy it pay for it, however I'd say it tastes like a piece of carbon paper and shouldn't be qualified as a diary product.

Thanks Phil. I think there's still a honking big sign on 2nd road that says "Central Festival Pattaya" (where Big C is).

And I'm positive there's a building on the 2nd road side that Burger King once shared with Baskin Robbins years ago. Maybe Pizza Hut or KFC is in it now...

Oh, and MTH...it's you who were wrong and I'll make any comment I want and you can kiss my rosy red ass...

Edited by cloghead

Thanks Phil. I think there's still a honking big sign on 2nd road that says "Central Festival Pattaya" (where Big C is).

And I'm positive there's a building on the 2nd road side that Burger King once shared with Baskin Robbins years ago. Maybe Pizza Hut or KFC is in it now...

You're right, there was BK there years ago. I think KFC or Pizza Hut took over the space.

I'm pretty sure that she didn't inform you about the extra price of the slice of cheese when she asked you if you wanted it and it is also not anywhere on their pricelist.

Well I can assure you that in my case she would have removed the slice and deducted the price again if they want to charge those ridiculous extra's.

I bet you wouldn't. Even if you did, it wouldn't work.

I'm pretty sure that she didn't inform you about the extra price of the slice of cheese when she asked you if you wanted it and it is also not anywhere on their pricelist.

Well I can assure you that in my case she would have removed the slice and deducted the price again if they want to charge those ridiculous extra's.

You ever seen me in full action ? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

You ever seen me in full action ? :rolleyes:

Well, try it then. Order a burger with cheese and then ask them to take it off again. If they do that for you I'll shout you a burger.

Oh, and MTH...it's you who were wrong and I'll make any comment I want and you can kiss my rosy red ass...

Sorry to say cloghead, maybe I was a bit snide, and my apologies for that. But I wasn't wrong.

The old Central Festival on second road opposite soi 2 and 3 is now called Central Center Pattaya.

And yes, the big honking sign you mention, now has this new name on it, "Central Center Pattaya".

This has been the naming convention since they opened the new "Central Festival Pattaya" at the block between second road and beach road, soi 9 and 10 early 2009.

You are correct that there used to be a BK at the old Central Festival a few years ago, might even have been joint with a KFC.

Since I don't frequent that area too often, I can't tell you off hand what's there today. But I'm certain it's not a BK any more.