Fishing Koh Chang

jesse89

<P>When I am going to Koh Chang, I go fishing with a friend of mine, a local "pla mouk" (squid) fisherman.  I've known him for over ten years.  Each and every time it is the same process, providing there is no wind or it is not too strong.  One leaves the harbour around 5.30/6 pm, go out to one of his favorite gps'ed locations and the the lights are switched on.  One fishes for pla mouk jigging specific leures for a few hours, and, two or three times, he will drop his nets.  Diner is bbqued squid, with the "right" sauce (few people do know how delicious freshly fished squids are!).  Later in the night, around 3/4am, he anchors his boat in a quiet place and we then fish on the bottom for larger things: barracuda, groupers etc...large and sharp hooks, steel leader at the end of the line, bait is either squid or shrimp or small fish. Return to the harbour is at dawn.</P><P>My friend Thian is not a "regular" fishing guide, certainly not a "certfied" one, but "he knows".  He is not organized to arrange regular fishing tours and does not have any equipment to rent out.  But I am quite sure he'd be delighted either to take care of you personaly, or to give you the contact of one of his friends.  Forgot to mention that he does not speak English whatsoever...</P><P>If you are interested, please pm me. </P>

• 3 weeks later...