New Honda Cbr 150I Launch Oct 30Th?

thomo

And to bad its only Singel Cylinder :/ then the sound of the engine sounds lame . .

honda_xl_500_s_1981_2.jpg

o m

1981 Honda 500 XL specifications Mine was red. It was not lame, and although no match for my BMW's I got later for long distance interstate cruising in the U.S., it was quite capable of overtaking traffic on four lane highways and passing most cars with ample power, but it was very scary in the woods because it was too heavy and had too much torque for me to handle. But from the specs that just came in on the new single cylinder Honda 250 except for the fact the 500 XL was a large displacement thumper whereas the 250 has an engine half the size the power and weight of the two machines is very close. I cannot imagine Thailand's roads being too much for the 500 XL . Mine would bury the speedometer at 85 miles an hour and it looks like this one is reported to do zero to sixty miles an hour in 6.5 seconds which is faster than the 289 cubic inch 1965 Mustangs could do with their 271 horsepower engines. Well I don't know about the sound of the new 250 Honda which might or might not make it to Thailand dealers but with its single cylinder I don't think anyone in their right mind could call the 500 XL's sound to be wimpy.

akin

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic