Iphone 4 Facetime Feature

bluuskii

Anybody can confirm whether the facetime video calling feature using wifi or 3G is activated on the iphone4 being sold by TRUE MOVE, DTAC and AIS..Reason i ask is becuase here i n the middle east they have deactivated that feature so it's not available if I buy the iphone4 in the middle east..

thanks..

i can understand this. imagine a moslima picking up the phone in the privacy of her husbands house and accidentally hitting the facetime button without wearing a headscarf. think of all the extra honour killings this could lead to! :ph34r:

Hadn't thought of that.... also OMG imagine secret lovers using this to secretly talk to each other, with video!

I guess it's good to keep this kind of thing in mind at those times when it appears as if Thailand is the most backwards country in the world. There are worse out there.

• 3 weeks later...

Try with Thais at thaifacetime.com

What's that?

Apple just released facetime for OS X! So - lots of new ppl out there to talk to. I think it will take off once a critical mass of iPod, iPad, iPhone and Mac users start using it. I think it's surprising they didn't make a version for Windows yet, that would surely kick-start things... anyway for now I'm using it with the wife only. The WiFi restriction is also pretty limiting, really... on the other hand, I am not sure I'd want to always be available for video calls either...

Deactivated? Are you sure?

FaceTime only works on wifi, and it certainly works in Thailand, have used it with my better half. The other party needs an iPhone 4 as well so I can count the number of people I can use it with on one hand.

If you are jailbroken, you can use Facetime over EDGE/3G as well as wifi:

http://gizmodo.com/5602361/how-to-get-iphone-4-facetimeover-3g