Good Day Girls

HDRIDER

Pure virgin cold pressed coconut oil.

All those cremes actually have toxic chemicals.

I have been using coconut oil for about 4 years now. It must be good quality though.

absorbs in skin. It is natural and not to expensive.

Here is a great little informational tailor about the unregulated and toxic cosmetics industry.

http://storyofstuff.org/cosmetics/

Hi

Thanks, will try it out

Villa Market sells a nice one, Earth Born and I also carry one in my online shop.

When you go to Villa it will be solidified in the bottle but once you get it out of the air con it will be fine again.

I have been using coconut oil for about 4 years now. It must be good quality though.

Here is a great little informational tailor about the unregulated and toxic cosmetics industry.

:o creams have toxic chemicals? I use moisturiser for men and I swear Im sometimes allergic to it and have a reaction.... do moisturisers have bad chemicals?

And SBK, what do you mean it blocks your pores? What happens?

Blocked pores is what happens. oil is quite strong for the face IMO. And don't dare use it as a daytime moisturizer as you will then be amplifying the effects of the sun.

HD, if you flake after showering, I gotta ask, how hot is your water and how hard is your water? Hardwater can cause skin issues too.

Hi

Not hot at all, but it also happens when i am offshore and i work different places so dont know how hard the water is, bought some coconut oil today, i smell like one now :) not sure if i like the smell, maybe if i stay home its ok, will try anyway

Are you in Thailand now? It really depends how much you want to spend. Spend a bit more for a decent moisturizer, it's usually worth it. How about Bodyshop? Vitamin E is a great barrier cream and the hemp range is fantastic, especially the hemp handcream...would really reccommend it if your hands are suffering too (it comes in a very manly looking tube as well!). Have a look in there and chat to the ladies, they will tell you what would be best for you.

But really it's trial and tribulation, what works for you, may not work for others and vice-versa. I would personally agree that coconut oil would be wayyy too rich for my skin, even though my skin is normally dry.

Hi

Thanks, i am in Thailand now, dont mind spend a little extra, i have tried a lot different stuff, but look like after a few hours my skin get dry again, yesterday i tried the coconut oil, its like my skin get hot when using it, but i will try everything :)

today i bought something called Smoothe, no its not something you can drink, will see how that work, in about 2 weeks you girls can start buying cream from me, i think :)

found this.

http://www.siamhealthgroup.com/english/skin_detail.asp?pid=52&cid=14&sid=0&gclid=CNeM2prOrKQCFcZS6wodeReWdA

My God there must be around 4000 different kind of cream in the world, and i only tried about 10 of them, long way to go.

Edited by HDRIDER

:o creams have toxic chemicals? I use moisturizer for men and I swear Im sometimes allergic to it and have a reaction.... do moisturizers have bad chemicals?

And SBK, what do you mean it blocks your pores? What happens?

Here is a really good website

http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/

You can look up any ingredient and see what it says and if it is potentially carcinogenic. Also I think you can look up specific products.

If you want to know about toxic chemicals then go to the link about The Story of Stuff. Simple and not over dramatic.

Be informed then decide for yourself.

HDRIDER is the coconut oil pure with no perfume? Beauty stores sell crap oil with perfume in it. WHat brand do you have?

I have no problem with using it at night and then again in the morning under make up. I use mineral make up powder and instead of an expensive toxic base I use the coconut oil.

I use a totally cold pressed oil that is fermented with water, I carry it in my online shop but even before I used other coconut oils and had no problem with sun burn or clogged poors.

At 41 I get compliments on my skin.

Also HDRIDEr what kind of soap are you washing your face with? Thailand has a lot of really great natural soaps!

But it is best to avoid soaps with perfumes and detergents. (Avoid Parrot, Dove, Lux, etc)

Get one that does not smell like perfume. read the ingredients. Commercial soaps are crap. Look for one with rice bran or coconut oils or fruits or .. just plant based ingredients.

I use (and sell) a fragrance free one.. coconut oil and lye. Super lather and last a while. Feel super clean after. I have also used some I found at Carefour. they have a great selection. but read the ingredients. Avoid any that say "perfume".

Plenty of natural home made options too. There is a thread here:

http://www.thaivisa....beauty-recipes/

Although having said that one of my friends really loves Smooth E.

Do you drink a lot of water? Also the water in the white jug has no minerals. I would recommend mineral water like Minere for better hydration and perhaps some coconut water.

Edited by goodkarma

Hi

The coconut oil is 100% pure extra virgin from Jano www.janospa.com my face get hot when i use it and i am not going outside smelling like a coconut, i will try use it when i am staying home. For soap i use all kind i just buy will try to look after some without perfume, it look like that SmoothE cream is working pretty good, they also have a lot of different types, this is a jungle, morning, midday, afternoon, night,you name it there is cream for every hour of the day, i just want something that works for 24 hours, well, i will find it some day/year :D

I only buy Minere mineral water for drinking.

I would suggest looking for a face wash rather than soap & use a mild face scrub once a week to take off the dead skin cells. After use a light daily moisturizer, personally I think coconut oil is too clogging to use daily, one a week before bed to do an intense moisturize on the dry patches is ok but not daily & not during the day when it will just sweat off. Boots do pretty decent mens range

http://th.boots.com/2009/eng/brands_cat.php?Page=2&&s_id=176&&brand_id=14

This is the link to boots thailand & their N07 mens range.

Ah for the record The Body Shop is no longer the small ethical company that held a high standard to make it what it was. Sadly the owner Dame Anita sold out to Loreal who is still doing animal testing!

Some people don't mind but some people will certainly think twice as they are no longer suppurting a company with a consicnece.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/anitas-163652m-sellout-470379.html

Some excepts.

Dame

Anita Roddick, once hailed as the champion of ethical consumerism and

the darling of capitalism-with-a-conscience, has been forced to defend

herself against allegations of abandoning her

principles after the

Body Shop was sold to L'Oréal, the world's largest cosmetic

company.........The "cruelty free"

slogan became one of the rallying cries behind the Body Shop's march to

international domination of the ethical cosmetic trade and a central

plank of Dame Anita's much-celebrated value system. She placed the

environment, women, human rights and the needs of small producers