Boom Thunderstorm Today

nikkoid66

We were heading out of Carrefour when it hit...clearly saw it through the windscreen. Unreal.

There was some scheme we use to do to calculate the distance. See the strike, then count...I barely got "one thousand one" out and I heard it. Very close...

There was some scheme we use to do to calculate the distance. See the strike, then count...I barely got "one thousand one" out and I heard it. Very close...

Speed of sound varies according to temperature, humidity and air pressure - But as a rough idea its 350 meters per second... So, at an estimation that lightening was about 350 meters away from you - Must have been very loud.

We too had an absolute corker last night in Bangkok with the greatest amount of energy I've seen / heard in a storm in a long while. Very impressive, wish I'd taken a video.

Yeah it was a corker, certainly got the soi dogs moving up the soi :lol:

Some great storms here in Thailand, although the best I have ever seen were years ago up in Darwin Australia.

Edited by neverdie

the new traffic light crossings all over beach rd and 2nd are actual drain initiators....you push the crossing button to open the drain and send the water out to sea.....ingenious....

And as usual 3rd road completely flooded from Diana Inn to well past Central. I wonder if I'll ever see the day when the drainage system in Pattaya can handle these downpours? :boring:

Probably not.