Leaving Work And Possible Benefits

i am under the impression that

after working in thailand and paying all the taxes and social security fees, it may be possible to obtain the following benefits

-to continue social security in-patient hospital benefits indefinitely, being automatically covered after the first six months of ending employment, then can elect to pay a modest fee to continue after that, 450-700 baht per month

-get a refund for tax payments made into the govt pension program, as a farang we are not eligible for pension so we can get this money back

-collect some form of unemployment insurance, not a lot but something for a white, a larger amount if fired or laid off, a smaller amount if quit

-possibly other benefits???

how much of what i know is accurate?

where is the closest office directions and phone number and perhaps an english speaker who can help with all of these matters for someone in pattaya?

please mods leave this in business where it is most likely get more exposure than in the insurance thread

thanks all

If you are going to pay 750 Bt per month for healthcare in a government hospital I suggest that you pay a bit more and use better hospitals.

You don't say how long you have been working or what the job was and if ( A BIG IF) you are eligible for any benefits it may be minimal. However, I have never heard of a Thai getting any unemployment benefit. The only Thais I know who get a proper pension were in Government jobs.

Even in a benefit dependant country like the UK where there are many benefit scroungers I don't think that you would automatically get unemployment benefit if you quit your job.

made many phone calls today just to try to take care of the health insurance issue

not one person could speak english well enough to understand what i was requesting

unfortunately my thai is limited

i think the 400 - 700 baht a month is a deal hard to beat

to get any kind of coverage with private insurance will cost a great deal more from what i can tell

i also unsersatnd there are one or two dam good goood govt hospitals in sri rachca which i believe i can choose from

currently i am registered with satihip queen sirakit hospital which i understand isnt too bad

but haven't ever used their service

been working over two years full time paying taxes and ss

not sure how the job title plays into this as the above poster mentioned

made many phone calls today just to try to take care of the health insurance issue

not one person could speak english well enough to understand what i was requesting

unfortunately my thai is limited

i think the 400 - 700 baht a month is a deal hard to beat

to get any kind of coverage with private insurance will cost a great deal more from what i can tell

i also unsersatnd there are one or two dam good goood govt hospitals in sri rachca which i believe i can choose from

currently i am registered with satihip queen sirakit hospital which i understand isnt too bad

but haven't ever used their service

been working over two years full time paying taxes and ss

not sure how the job title plays into this as the above poster mentioned

some goverment hospitals are not the best and i would not even step foot inside then . i have insurance in one of thailand private hospitals for my son . i had to get it . cost me 12,500 for 1 kid for i year . i had to get it because he got sick a week before i had the insurance and 13,000 had to be paid just to find out he had a breeding problem from the air con . i,ve been to goverment hospitals they are not clean but cheap . i just hope i dont ever get sick in thailand . but i,m young still . hope i dont ever need to visit hosipal for anything serious here .