Fire Starters For Coal Bbq

lingnoi1977

I get mine (Kingsford liquid) at Rimping near Airport Plaza. Back side where the BBQ grills and accessories are.

11q0co5hyNL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Expect comments on how it corrupts the taste will be along shortly. ;)

This is what I would like to get, Chimney Starter. Saw one a long time ago but the prices were silly. Found ways to make your own though.

623118_front200.jpg

• Like 1

In my experience the "cubes" are better than the liquids. You can buy these at Rimping supermarket as indicated above however they are 240 baht per pack i think.

You can also use the cheap wood provided in the markets but they aren't as good as the "cubes".

Edited by MartinBKK

In my experience the "cubes" are better than the liquids. You can buy these at Rimping supermarket as indicated above however they are 240 baht per pack i think.

You can also use the cheap wood provided in the markets but they aren't as good as the "cubes".

,,,wife starts the charcoal with a few lumps on a grill (we use a fold over griller thingy )over the gas ring in the kitchen ( yes it's lit!) Takes about three minutes...then she dumps the the red hot coals in with the rest in the bbq...voila..

...oh yes don't trip over the dog on the way outside ( assuming your hob is inside!)

tip: best to use hardwood charcoal..(its heavier) ..last longer and hotter....so SWMBO'd says...

Question: anyone else lost their "manhood" bbq wise having a Thai wife/GF??.... SWMBO'd has the absolute cheek to tell me "I do..you burn all the time!!..go drink beer" :D

Rimping sells the type in the lower foto that Tywais provided....they are imported, pricey, but work fantastic......simply crumple a couple of sheets of newspaper for bottom and place charcoal in top, start newspaper burning and in less than 5 minutes, you have a lotta hot coals ready to cook. I took a foto buy a small sheet metal shop and he knocked it off for 500thb.......rimping's is around 1,000 .