Investment Visa – Uk Based

If you apply for an extension of stay based on 'investment' at IMM Thailand CW -- or rather maybe extensions for two persons based upon the same investment -- and it is refused on your first attempt then something must have been lacking. At that point the Immigration officer will tell you what in fact was lacking in your application.

I will reiterate: You apply for an 'O' visa at London or Hull; once in the Kingdom of Thailand within 30 days of your visa expiration you apply for an extension of stay based on investment at the Immigration office at the Chaeng Wattana complex ... there is no counseling service provided by Thai IMM -- you fill out the form and they will advise you and your partner of the results pro or con.

Edited by jazzbo

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The embassy falls under the ministry of Foreign Affairs and can only issue a visa. They have nothing to do with immigration (Ministry of Interior) or giving you an extension of stay.

Contact for the MFA is:

Visa and Travel Document division

consular03(AT)mfa.go.threplace (at) with @

Immigration has it's own hot line:

In Thailand simply call 1178

• 7 months later...

OK - sorry I don't abandon threads – But have been and still am heavily involved in improvements to our London home - MY GOD the mess! Complete renovation of all rooms including kitchen, bathroom etc - roof garden coming up, and I am doing a lot of the work (decorating etc).

So I have been tardy on my responses.

Are there any new insights or experiences?

I guess this is a prod to try to help myself out.

Contact Hull and see what they can do for you visa wise. Maybe come in on a oduble tourist visa and later convert to a non-immigrant based on investment.

It might be difficult to get this visa, but getting the extension of stay based on investent will be much easier.