First Issue Of Pattaya One Tabloid Online Now

Changian

Just noticed the first issue of Pattaya One 'newspaper' is online now, via the Pattaya One site.

A whopping 16 whole pages of ads for go-go bars and columns - a couple of them pretty amusing - plus a real news story about a Thai woman who won a cup for grown green bowls and the 'Exclusive' about overstayers being banged up in jail. And, that's about it.

How many Pattaya expats will be rushing to pay their 15 Baht for a copy?

So how long do you give this rag? One year.:whistling:

A daily newspaper for sex-tourists is exactly what Pattaya has always needed.:whistling:

As long as they can continue to sell the ads to real-estate developers and Go-go and Blo-jo bars they will survive. Who can control how many newspapars they actually sell.

Edited by Xonax

Can I make a few suggestions:

1. Read the publication before you comment on it.

2. Although some contributors do feature in other publications, their content is exclusively written for Pattaya One and is not repeated in other local publications.

3. Spud1 - There are currently no crime stories in the Pattaya One publication, read it first.

I am pleased to say that over 2,500 people have viewed the paper on Pattayaone.net so far which is seperate from the Thai Visa PDF download link.

Howard

I don't know why there are so many doom and gloom merchants around. This is the FIRST issue for Gawd's sake. They need time to build up advertisers, and their columnists. Actually many of their columnists seem to have been nicked from another Pattaya fortnightly which used to be the best in town but has rapidly gone down the tubes in the last few months. I reckon that other paper will be dead and gone soon (if it hasn't already). If Pattaya One can deliver the great reading that the other paper (which I won't name for obvious reasons) used to have then put me on the subscriber's list!

I for one wish you well with the new publication, Howard.

Edited by eyebee

So how long do you give this rag? One year.:whistling:

A daily newspaper for sex-tourists is exactly what Pattaya has always needed.:whistling:

As long as they can continue to sell the ads to real-estate developers and Go-go and Blo-jo bars they will survive. Who can control how many newspapars they actually sell.

Edited by William Osborne