Water Pumps

tatom

We have a bored well with a hand pump. I was thinking it would be nice to have an electric pump, but after reading so many stories aboup pump problems, Im not sure if I want go through with the expense and then regret it because of problems.

If I start from scratch, what is the best way to go to put in a water system?

Our well is 30 mtr. deep, water level is down 4 mtrs. One story house. Well 6 meters behind house.

Tom Salarak Khon Kaen

If you don't want an electric pump because of percieved problems etc - have you thought of a windmill ?

Interesting reply. That would lift the water from the well to the surface, but then I would still need a pump to deliver the water to the plumbing system in the house. I once thought of a water tower, but was told it would have to be 10 meters high to supply enough pressure.

If you don't want an electric pump because of percieved problems etc - have you thought of a windmill ?

Interesting reply. That would lift the water from the well to the surface, but then I would still need a pump to deliver the water to the plumbing system in the house. I once thought of a water tower, but was told it would have to be 10 meters high to supply enough pressure.

i fully agree with you that electric pumps create only problems. as an alternative to electricity and at the same time avoid additional global warming i recommend:

hamster-wheel-race.jpg

i fully agree with you that electric pumps create only problems. as an alternative to electricity and at the same time avoid additional global warming i recommend:

hamster-wheel-race.jpg

Great answer Naam!

It looks like your seriously going to have to bite the bullet & buy into some form of pump system. 2 pumps like you mentioned. Is it a well or a borehole?

Our hamster has expired due to the very thought of all that work and I was about to post on this very subject so I hope you don't mind if I join in here.

I was about to buy a regular Hitachi or Mitsubishi water pump this morning when the guy in the shop, having found out that eventually I plan to have a house and a guest cottage on the receiving end tells me I should go for a constant pressure unit. This sounded like good sense if it does what it says but this afternoon while checking prices in HomePro a guy next to me says to forget constant pressure and choose a constant volume pump which seems to come with a tank. The house will be two storey and the cottage a bungalow, both about 50 - 60m from the pump itself.

What seemed like an easy purchase is now fraught with the potential to make many mistakes... Anyone have experience of this equipment which would probably help both me and the OP.

Oops! I just saw the thread discussing Mitsubishi pumps which looks like it might answer some of the above.

Edited by Greenside