Hotmail Account

johninbkk

I have had a hotmail account for more than 10 years and recently I was locked out, BY HOTMAIL, just try to go through their system to rectify the fault, it's the biggest time waster and frustrating problem I have had to deal with, as you can imagine I have years of contacts and important email locked in their system. Believe me you won't get it back, it's pathetic.

So the most important point I discovered in this annoying problem is to update your details and most importantly have a secondary email addressed so hotmail can mail you if you have a lockout problem such as mine. I am confident many other TV members must have had similar problems, I'd like to hear your resolve.

This happened to a friend recently. She said she rang them up and they were very helpful and after a few questions unlocked her account without any hassle. Just give them a call.

I use Hotmail, Yahoo and Google and I personally find Hotmail to be the best of the three, but no web based account will be as good as an computer based email account so I always forward anything important to my Outlook.

I to gave up on any web based mail long ago, simply not secure and the potential for losing all your mail and contacts.

Huh? I STRONGLY disagree with you! I have mail going 5 years back in Gmail, and I can search through all of them in a matter of seconds. I've never been able to keep mail that long in a pop system, nor is there any usable way to search them or have them available at your fingertip practically anywhere you are in the world.

But I agree Hotmail, as any other Microslush product, suck.

Edited by Phil Conners

Goggle mail is best, you can use it off line as well, hotmail i use for mail i don't trust

I don't trust google full stop, who knows how long they keep records of your mail, their search engine is like one giant data base of half the worlds browsing habits

Mail is in any way not a secure protocol, regardless of whether you use Google or Thunderbird or anything else. Consider it like an open postcard. If you really want to secure the content of your mail look into something like PGP encryption in which case it doesn't matter what Google does to it.

Mail is in any way not a secure protocol, regardless of whether you use Google or Thunderbird or anything else. Consider it like an open postcard. If you really want to secure the content of your mail look into something like PGP encryption in which case it doesn't matter what Google does to it.

I use both hotmail and google but still do not trust them as hackers can get anywhere. As for facebook,hi5, or any other social websites l just do not use them as they are unsafe

My hotmail was hacked recently after no problems for over 10 years - I don't keep anything too important on there anyway. Also, a few of the Thai lads at work have had the same problems with hotmail recently. I have switched to Gmail and wish that I had done sooner.

I have several hotmail accounts, 2 of which were pre Microsoft era. I have rarely had any trouble with them and can log onto them all from a single login.

I also have Lycos mail, Gmail and Yahoo and prefer Hotmail to all of them.

Great analogy. Something lots of pols and business folks should keep in mind.