Freshwater Fishing Locations

quiksilva

Rather than to visit a variety of different sites to track down the locations and coordinates of all the freshwater fishing spots around collated them into one space and marked a few fishing spots that I know in to Google Maps. The inspiration for this came from the blog over at www.john-tom.com who lists many of the GPS coordinates and reviews the lakes with pricing etc

You can get a link to it from my blog here (please use the Pm function for that info)

I would like to open it up to the community, so that everyone can add your own sites to the map. However, you are free to use it, even if you don't want to contribute to it :)

If you would like to help, drop me a PM here or leave a comment at my blog

Tight lines!

Hmm so 107 views and no replies.

Have you seen the map yet?

Do you find this useful?

Should I continue to add more spots?

Does anyone want to help?

Some sort of feedback would be appreciated.

I seen the map and i like it. Thanks for the work. How accurate are the coordinates ? I would use my gps to get to some of the places.

Thanks for the reply Rob, they are pretty good.

I have taken most from John-tom and have confirmed several spots that I have visited myself. (But I have not visited all of them yet)

Its not all of john-tom's coordinates either, Fishing World for example I added myself and am confident in its location.

Would be great if people can add any missing parks. Remember this does not have to be just in an around Bangkok, anywhere in Thailand. Phuket, Chiang mai, Pattaya etc.

Just for the record I have no intention of ever making it a commercial site.

Initially made for my own convenience, so I can find these spots whilst on the road, its meant to be a community resource for all anglers in Thailand.

The idea being that everyone can update pricing policies, contact details, baits and tips etc on each park. Perhaps even add reviews (if that's possible)

I have also thought of making it publicly editable

Edited by quiksilva

Just add as much as you can. You can add the smaller ones too (Unless they are your secret special spots :) )

I will also be adding a few small parks as well the well known natural locations where I also like to fish, eg Srinakarin Dam (Just need to remember where I stayed and how to find it again on google maps and I will go ahead and add it)

Also perhaps you have latest pricing information for the places you do fish that would be useful. Perhaps you can add contact details for booking directly the parks operators (but not via tour guides please)

I know you fish Shadow lake (I have never been) so would appreciate feedback on that entry particularly.

If you want to help, drop me a PM with your email address so I can invite you as a contributor.

Edited by quiksilva

Here's one you can add. It has no official name but the locals call it Bor 44. It is 20 Baht a rod and you pay for any fish you take out. They are weighed and there is a list of how much it is per kg for each kind of fish. It is not particularly good but it is very close to my home so very convenient for me. They have mainly Sawai, Pla Duk, Tapian and yeesok, but also some pla chin, snakehead and Chalart. The location on google maps is: 13.701655,100.631418

• 1 month later...

Found a new location near Bang Yai but it was real remote. You could catch Aripama there and baramundi. The price for aripama is 1500 bt spinning and 3000 bt live bait. For the baramundi its cheaper 500 bt. I did not like how the lake looked it was small and square. The baramundi and the Arapaima were in different lakes. Thais pay only a fraction of the price but have to pay a 5000 bt entrance fee. The owner told us he could not give a discount to me as else he would be in trouble with the tours (im not sure if its true and i dont really care because i just went there to see what it was and im no Aripaima fisher).

The reason i went there was because it was supposedly close to me and I never seen it before. I did not like the scenery much. I do have coordinates in my garmin now for anyone who is interested.