Date To Apply For Extension

You apply up to 30 days before the permission to stay ends, so 12 months after entry. By applying early you won't lose any days, as the extension starts from the day your current permission ends.

But an important question is if you have a single or a multiple O-A visa. With a multiple you can just leave the country before the VISA expires and return to Thailand to get another 1 year. Just look at the VISA, does it say multiple or M?

You apply up to 30 days before the permission to stay ends, so 12 months after entry. By applying early you won't lose any days, as the extension starts from the day your current permission ends.

But an important question is if you have a single or a multiple O-A visa. With a multiple you can just leave the country before the VISA expires and return to Thailand to get another 1 year. Just look at the VISA, does it say multiple or M?

Are you sure about that? I have never heard of anyone getting another one year when re-entering Thailand. If this were so then none of us would have to do extensions every year, it would be easier to do a border run. Less hassle and no need to show proof of income or money in the bank.

Are you sure about that? I have never heard of anyone getting another one year when re-entering Thailand. If this were so then none of us would have to do extensions every year, it would be easier to do a border run. Less hassle and no need to show proof of income or money in the bank.

The maximum allowed would be 2 years on a multi entry 'O-A' visa,and the last entry, to get a one year allowed to stay stamp, would have to be made at the latest one day before expiry of the visa. Do not confuse visas with permission to stay stamps.

You apply within the last 30 days of your current permision to stay.

Should be sometime in December or January.

Thanks for the information but now another issue arises. I had thought I had planned my wire transfers and term deposits well, to coincide with the expiry date on the visa as issued. the date being Nov. 12. So now I have already tranferred my funds into my Thai bank account and being that my last 90 day report is on or about Oct. 12 that would put my one year extension date on or about Jan 12. My funds are sure to dwindle below the magic 800,000 by that time. So... my question is, when is the absolut earliest I can apply for the one year extension? Am I obligated to do my final 90 day report or can I request a 30 day extension instead, to put me in line with the Nov. 12 date I have been planning for? I have no more funds available until my next term deposit matures at the end of Jan.

Normally 30 days early is the most they allow unless you have proof of travel. Pattaya I believe currently allows 60 days. That would be from the permitted to stay until date. Once you receive the new extension of stay you can use the funds and that is normally the same day you apply - so in this case mid December.

90 day reports have nothing to do with your entry or how long you can stay - they just apply to your address after 90 days inside Thailand.

Normally 30 days early is the most they allow unless you have proof of travel. Pattaya I believe currently allows 60 days. That would be from the permitted to stay until date. Once you receive the new extension of stay you can use the funds and that is normally the same day you apply - so in this case mid December.

90 day reports have nothing to do with your entry or how long you can stay - they just apply to your address after 90 days inside Thailand.

Thanks for the info, but am I allowed to waive the last 90 day report?, since the visa expires 30 days after the due date for that. Am I correct in belieivng that a 30 day extension can be issued? It's become more of a money issue now as I hadn't planned for an additional 30 days until mid Dec. before applying for the extension. What would be my options?

Unless told otherwise continue to do 90 day address reports as now scheduled. Your one year O-A is effectively a visa and an pre approved (A) extension of stay so I would not count on your extension now being considered your first unless they say it is. There is no 30 day extension on a retirement stay. They are issued on the date you apply - once that is done you can use the money. You would not have to wait until the new year started.