Brit Poses As A Millionaire To Steal Back His Son From The Thai Lady He Once Called His Wife

george

Very clever and cunning!

good luck to both of them. greed is a great way to go after people.

and the kid has chipped teath, probably head first over handle bars of a push bike or similar as most kids do at one time or another, and the mother not being able to afford treatment or maybe she is just a bitch, who knows! :angry:

anyway, at least the young lad is in good hands now.

How do you know the young boy is in good hands?

jeez! not too hard to work out is it? :unsure:

:lol:

First of all, I believe the story is from the Daily Mirror newspaper (I use that term gaurdedly) which has a proven dislike for anything Thai. See previous posts...in which simply living in Thailand is equated with living in "squalor" also by the Mirror.

Secondly, I don't disagree that the child may be better off financially and for lifestyle advantages in the U.K. I have no information regarding the child except what I read in this news story...so I assume that the boy is happier in the U.K. However, there is no proof of that is there? Just the word of the Daily Mirror and it's anti Thai bias to go on.

The point I want to make is that this story just automatically assumes that his MOTHER, being Thai, is somehow less likely to love the boy than her FATHER (who being a Brit is naturally superior to her). To be fair, for all I know she may be a true B_tch...but there is no proof of that.

I'm not quibbling here, but simply making the assumption that the boy living in the U.K. seperated from his mother, will automatically be happier than living in Thailand is something that may be an assertion...but requires proof to be true.

Er, no, I think its the fact that she KIDNAPPED her son and fled the country seemingly with the notion that she would not allow him to see his father again!!!

You are truly daft!! or a troll :unsure:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One wonders what the police was doing. Since Thailand is not a signatory party to the treaty on parental abduction, the child was staying legally with the mother in Thailand. Thailand doesn't recognised a court order from a foreign judge. Why was the police involved?

Under Thai law both parents have equal rights and a man separated from his wife, can come and take his child and there is no kidnapping charge attached. As long as the parent proves relationship to the child he (and she) can take from the other without fear of reprisal of law.

If he gave a little 'something' to the police to assist this case, which he no doubt did, then you can get a glimpse of the legality and outcome with no investigation necessary.

I would also concur the boy will be far better off away from a 'village', especially with the description of his dental health. I have seen exact examples of that with a 7 year old girl with black stumps for teeth in a Southern village. The child is now living in Canada and has had the dental health issue corrected.

You are saying his dental health would be better in Britian :lol:

I grew up with a Nutter (put as nice a possible coz I cant use anything stronger) of a so called mother, couldnt see my old man until I was 18 again. so for 13 years this bitch stoped me and my sister from having contact with our dad because she didnt want to see him. and you know what the law was on her side.

we grew up terified of this bitch. Non of us have anything to do with her now and have not for years.

So for me this story is heart warming and I really am happy for father and son. I have my own son now and love him with all my heart, I would do whatever to keep him close.

So yeah, I do believe the young man will have a better life. good luck to them both. :)

Very clever and cunning!

and the kid has chipped teath, probably head first over handle bars of a push bike or similar as most kids do at one time or another, and the mother not being able to afford treatment or maybe she is just a bitch, who knows! :angry:

First of all, I believe the story is from the Daily Mirror newspaper (I use that term gaurdedly) which has a proven dislike for anything Thai. See previous posts...in which simply living in Thailand is equated with living in "squalor" also by the Mirror.

Secondly, I don't disagree that the child may be better off financially and for lifestyle advantages in the U.K. I have no information regarding the child except what I read in this news story...so I assume that the boy is happier in the U.K. However, there is no proof of that is there? Just the word of the Daily Mirror and it's anti Thai bias to go on.

The point I want to make is that this story just automatically assumes that his MOTHER, being Thai, is somehow less likely to love the boy than her FATHER (who being a Brit is naturally superior to her). To be fair, for all I know she may be a true B_tch...but there is no proof of that.

I'm not quibbling here, but simply making the assumption that the boy living in the U.K. seperated from his mother, will automatically be happier than living in Thailand is something that may be an assertion...but requires proof to be true.

The assertion that the child is better off with Dad than with Mom is not based upon Thai vs. Westerner, or UK verses Thailand. The assertion is based upon the fact that Mom took the child from the UK, thereby depriving dad of any contact. A parent that seeks to deprive the other parent from contact with the child should be prevented from participating in the parenting process.

The full article explains things in more details and answers some questions asked here

It was the moment Sean Felton had dreamt about.

- Daily Mirror article reduced -

felton.jpg

The fake "Ferrari-driving playboy" Mr. Felton

I agree with others that much of this story is unknown, particularly the police involvement as to participate in a foreigner parental abduction does not seem to be the norm.

Was it just a SUN story for some bored TV members?

post-108180-022422800 1286183890_thumb.j

post-108180-003128400 1286183923_thumb.j

I grew up with a Nutter (put as nice a possible coz I cant use anything stronger) of a so called mother, couldnt see my old man until I was 18 again. so for 13 years this bitch stoped me and my sister from having contact with our dad because she didnt want to see him. and you know what the law was on her side.

we grew up terified of this bitch. Non of us have anything to do with her now and have not for years.

So for me this story is heart warming and I really am happy for father and son. I have my own son now and love him with all my heart, I would do whatever to keep him close.

So yeah, I do believe the young man will have a better life. good luck to them both. :)

Nice to know kids can grow up through this and find their dad.

The only foreigners( those whose first language is English) who I hear refer to Thai girls/women as "Ladies' are those who have normally just arrived in Thailand and for some reason (normally frequenting girlie bars too often and taking on board the staff's view of themselves and their pseudo inflated status ) forget themselves and call Thai females 'ladies'.

Funnily, men that refer to females that they have met outside of a bar environment, more often than not, refer to young females as' girls' and those older as 'women'. More apt, I'd say.

Those that continue to call Thai females 'ladies' are usually males who like to defend 'poor hard done by working girls', in the hope that it will distance them from the rest of the males who come to take advantage of these innocents, who then, more often than not, fleece their champion.

Lady Di was a Lady and I'm sure that Thai society has their equivalents.

regards

Bojo

OK I will follow your logic.

From now on it shall be either woman-boy or girl-boy, your choice.

Nice to see the good guy win one of these occasionally.

I knew of a Brit who did the same thing, but in reverse.

He had been a front row forward (macho rugby type) & now had a chain of restaurants in Britain, & was pretty wealthy.

He came to Thailand, & fell for a girl - who naturally said she cared only about him, not his money.

He told a friend of mine in Chiang Mai about his wonderful love experience, & my friend (cynic he is) suggested a test. It took a long time to persuade the front row forward type, as he thought this was shockingly disrespectful of his true love. But eventually he agreed to the test.

On their next date, the Brit told the girl that he had exaggerated his wealth a little: he actually only had one restaurant in Britain, & wasn't really all that rich. 'However with you at my side, and some hard work, I know we can build up together & do well...' (Etc etc.)

The gal stood up, gave him one icy look, picked up her keys of the table, & walked out of the restaurant (& his life).

Next day he appeared in my friend's office, weeping like a baby. ('I just can't believe it,' etc.)

These girls are indeed devilishly cunning, & their sweetness disables our normal con-woman-detecting radar: but they can be outsmarted, especially in this electronic age.

Thai lady woman. Let's have a bit of equality here.

Are you for real?

The good thing about Thailand is the somewhat escape from western Political Correctness.

Come to Thailand, forget feminism, enjoy femininity.

I would say he is real and that there is a lesson to be learned here... LEAVE THE PUTAS WHERE YOU FIND THEM....

Very wise move. I'll guess the boy will have a lot better childhood together with his father in UK, than he ever would in the Thai village. Most Thais don't have a clue on how to raise kids to be a healthy minded adult. The highest priority seems to learn the "sawasdee" word and gesture. Call my cynical, but personally I'm glad I still don't have any children here.

Very wise move. I'll guess the boy will have a lot better childhood together with his father in UK, than he ever would in the Thai village. Most Thais don't have a clue on how to raise kids to be a healthy minded adult. The highest priority seems to learn the "sawasdee" word and gesture. Call my cynical, but personally I'm glad I still don't have any children here.

What's most important for the child is to have consistency, love and support. That can and does occur in Thailand. There is good and bad everywhere. Certainly there is more opportunity in Western countries, but what a child requires is what will cause him/her to develop self-confidence.

One wonders what the police was doing. Since Thailand is not a signatory party to the treaty on parental abduction, the child was staying legally with the mother in Thailand. Thailand doesn't recognised a court order from a foreign judge. Why was the police involved?

Under Thai law both parents have equal rights and a man separated from his wife, can come and take his child and there is no kidnapping charge attached. As long as the parent proves relationship to the child he (and she) can take from the other without fear of reprisal of law.

If he gave a little 'something' to the police to assist this case, which he no doubt did, then you can get a glimpse of the legality and outcome with no investigation necessary.

I would also concur the boy will be far better off away from a 'village', especially with the description of his dental health. I have seen exact examples of that with a 7 year old girl with black stumps for teeth in a Southern village. The child is now living in Canada and has had the dental health issue corrected.

You are wrong sir. Under Thai law the woman has the sole rights to her son! The father must apply to the courts for joint custody even if he is on the birth certificate.

You are wrong sir. Under Thai law the woman has the sole rights to her son! The father must apply to the courts for joint custody even if he is on the birth certificate.

In this case the parents were married. That means that under Thai law the parents have joint custody by default. Only when the parents ar not married does the father have to apply for custody over the child.

Maybe the police realised the boy was better of with his dad

Brigante7.

Very clever and cunning!

You might not like the Daily Mirror for your reason, but if a person has been to Thailand and lived there it doesn't take much to assume from the story all it all began and of course I will be the first to admit that is a asumption? But reading your opinion it is full of asumptions from beginning to end because you don't like the Daily Mirror and that itself is why your opinions are so negative. Read the story and not be part of the story?

Personally, I don't think a father would go through all this trouble so he can bring him back to abuse him. I'm happy for him? It's not easy for either party especially when the two live in different countries, I wish things were different since the child always suffers when there is a divorce. But as far as the child is concern lets hope that he does have a better life with the father and I believe the mother gave him up knowing that once she return to Thailand where she was living was reality. Allowing the son to leave so easily with the father is the Thai way of saying just that and I hope the father reads this " no matter what happen to you and the childs mother open your heart and not let your son forget her " your love for him got him back now allow that love to continue and teach him right!

What's most important for the child is to have consistency, love and support. That can and does occur in Thailand. There is good and bad everywhere. Certainly there is more opportunity in Western countries, but what a child requires is what will cause him/her to develop self-confidence.

Very true. But, as I wrote earlier. Most Thais doesn't have a clue on how to raise, nor to show consistency, love and support. I have seen way to many neglected and psychologically disturbed young kids (and teenagers) here. The girls are taught to merry someone rich and bring money home to mom and and dad, in order to be "loved" back. It is even common to treat all the kids different from the parents side. On a group with 4 children, 1 or 2 are are getting all the love and attention from the parents. The rest doesn't receive the same love and respect from the parents, which then will suffer from psychological problems and try to do whatever then can in order to try to make their parents love them. They are becoming the family slaves, which probably is good for the survival of the others.

I've seen it so much during my years here.

Edited by xenomorph

Very common occurrence when you marry a bar girl. Especially if you take her to live in some dreary English town. They miss the action.

The full article explains things in more details and answers some questions asked here

DK

Shaking, he knelt down and scooped his son up into his arms.

The lad's face split into a huge grin as he kissed his dad on the cheek and finally Sean knew his nightmare was over.

Six months earlier Jobe, three, had been taken 6,000 miles away by his Thai mother, Kim and Sean despaired of seeing his son again.

But after police failed to reunite them, he set a {cunning internet trap forex-wife Kim. He posed as a handsome young Ferrari-owning millionaire on Facebook convinced she would be unable to resist.

Sean says: "I was heartbroken when Kim took him to Thailand. I didnt want to livemy life not {knowing my son. She was {determined to evade me, so I hatched a plan I knew would reel her in.

Last week father and son returned to their four-bedroom house in Cannock, Staffs.

Sean, 43, who runs a decorating firm, met Kim while on holiday with a pal.

He says: The last thing I was looking for was love.

But he fell for Kim, 30, after she approached him in a bar and offered to show himaround.

After two weeks we were {inseparable, he says.

Sean who had been divorced for 10 years flew home a week later but could notstop thinking about her.

A month later he went back to see his beautiful Thai girlfriend and proposed after three weeks.

They wed on New Years Day 2006 in a Buddhist ceremony then came to England to start their life together.

In July 2007, Kim also known as Saowapak gave birth to Jobe.

But soon afterwards their {relationship began to founder.

Sean says: "I came home one day from work to find Jobe alone in his cot. Kim had gone out shopping with a friend. I explained mums don't do that here but she kept doing it.

"After a while she was going out at night with her friends she claimed they wereparties for Thai women only. But when I picked her up one night I saw a group of men coming out of her friends house.

"After months of sleeping in separate bedrooms I asked for a divorce.

"On March 26 this year Kim fled the country, taking Jobe with her."

Sean says: "She called me two days later laughing and said she was home."

Police and a private investigator failed to find his son. Then he had his brainwave.

He says: "I lay in bed one night imagining Jobe alone and scared, living in squalor, and it occurred to me that I might be able to find Kim on Facebook.

"After trawling through dozens of Saowapaks her face popped up. She'd changed her surname but it was her.

"I knew she wouldn't accept a friend request from me so I came up with the idea of posing as a millionaire looking for love. I set up a fake account with a picture of a man with a Ferrari and sent her a friend request. She fell for it."

With access to her profile, Sean scoured it for clues to her whereabouts. When he came across photos of Kim with a French tourist, Sean contacted him and told him what had happened.

The Frenchman confirmed that Kim and Jobe were in a hut in a remote village in Chiang Rai.

Sean went to the High Court to get legal custody of his son then flew to Thailand, where police agreed to help him search for Jobe.

He says: "My heart was pounding as we entered the village."

As police surrounded the house, Sean called out for Jobe. Kim stumbled out and pointed indoors.

Sean says: "Jobe was in the corner. I could hardly speak. I managed to say, 'Hello son', and crawl towards him with my arms out.

"He looked scared to death at first but once he realised it was me he fell into my arms and kissed my cheek.

"His teeth were chipped and they'd cut his hair. He looked like an orphan. It was so emotional to hold him in my arms again."

Sean had one final sleepless night away from Jobe before Kim and her family handed him over at the local police station.

Sean says: "Afterwards Kim and I flew to Bangkok because she wanted us to spend a week together before I took Jobe home. I was on tenterhooks. I didn't trust her. I kept thinking she'd try and take him.

"She told me she'd let him go if I paid for us all to stay in a five-star hotel. She claimed she wanted to spend time with Jobe but I think she just wanted a free holiday. I didn't let her out of my sight."

Finally, Sean flew home with his son.

He says: "I ran as fast as I could to the plane, carrying Jobe. I didn't breathe properly until we landed.

"Now he's starting to look like the boy who disappeared six months ago. Every day he looks healthier. Every moment is so precious. I've cried tears of joy ever since getting him home."

He adds: "I thought my relationship with Kim was genuine, but I was a fool."

Last night Kim denied she would leave Jobe alone in the UK and said: "Sean wouldn't get my British citizenship for me. What was I supposed to do? I don't feel bad about taking Jobe to Thailand. He is my son and I love him. I might have done wrong in the UK, but in my country I haven't.

"I agreed to let Sean take him back to the UK because I know he will look after him.

"We both love Jobe and I don't want to fight any more. I still want to see my son. I hope to come soon."

Very true. But, as I wrote earlier. Most Thais doesn't have a clue on how to raise, nor to show consistency, love and support. I have seen way to many neglected and psychologically disturbed young kids (and teenagers) here. The girls are taught to merry someone rich and bring money home to mom and and dad, in order to be "loved" back. It is even common to treat all the kids different from the parents side. On a group with 4 children, 1 or 2 are are getting all the love and attention from the parents. The rest doesn't receive the same love and respect from the parents, which then will suffer from psychological problems and try to do whatever then can in order to try to make their parents love them. They are becoming the family slaves, which probably is good for the survival of the others.

I've seen it so much during my years here.

I have to agree. I've seen it too. But they are not all that way. Especially the educated. That was my point. What you describe more often occurs in the poorer farming villages.

I've been through this and have achieved a very satisfactory outcome. My son was only 9 months old when Isaan girl admitted that she had told another man that he was the Dad and upped and left. (We had only been together a couple of months, and then only because of the kid).

I tracked her down, engaged a lawyer and went through the Family courts in Khorat. The Thai magistrates, without actually saying it, made it clear that they were on my side and that all I had to do was hang in there. After about a year of wrangling I was awarded 10 days a month custody, initially with a neutral nanny.

When he reached 4 years old the question of where he shoiuld be educated was discussed and I took the posiiton that if I was to pay then he should be in my custody in school time. All agreed and so he now effectively lives with me. (Thai schools have very short holidays).

I am not going to make light of the process. It was sheer hel_l as she did everything she could to obstruct, but as I said the court made it clear that they understood where his best interests lay, so I was encouraged to keep up the battle.

Just play completely by the book and you will get there eventually. And believe me your sons will be pleased you did.

Good luck and Bon Courage as the French would say.

As a father of two sons, and facing a pending divorce I find this story to heart warming. My children's American passports are in a safe controlled by the Mother in law. I work for the family company, and if I try to inforce my rights, I am sure my visa would be stricken.

After a long 10 years of marriage, and the last 5 years spent sleeping in seperate bedrooms, the wife let me know she had a boyfriend, and was "his wife" and I was no longer her husband.

This all revealed to me, after I spent 100K USD towards the purchase of a 250K USD home. She also has another 70K worth of assets (town houses/property) (not to mention the 80K boob job she got 2-3 weeks prior to the revelation of the boy friend)

If any one knew how I could get my kids back, legally, I would also be willing to pay handsomley...

Rith now the divorce date is projected on October 14th to be held at the local Amphur.

I really do not care about the money, I just want my sons.

The wife is not poor, just poor ways. So I can not offer money to her or her family, they would only laugh and act offended.

Cheers to this guy

DK

Shaking, he knelt down and scooped his son up into his arms.

The lad's face split into a huge grin as he kissed his dad on the cheek and finally Sean knew his nightmare was over.

Six months earlier Jobe, three, had been taken 6,000 miles away by his Thai mother, Kim and Sean despaired of seeing his son again.

But after police failed to reunite them, he set a {cunning internet trap forex-wife Kim. He posed as a handsome young Ferrari-owning millionaire on Facebook convinced she would be unable to resist.

Sean says: "I was heartbroken when Kim took him to Thailand. I didnt want to livemy life not {knowing my son. She was {determined to evade me, so I hatched a plan I knew would reel her in.

Last week father and son returned to their four-bedroom house in Cannock, Staffs.

Sean, 43, who runs a decorating firm, met Kim while on holiday with a pal.

He says: The last thing I was looking for was love.

But he fell for Kim, 30, after she approached him in a bar and offered to show himaround.

After two weeks we were {inseparable, he says.

Sean who had been divorced for 10 years flew home a week later but could notstop thinking about her.

A month later he went back to see his beautiful Thai girlfriend and proposed after three weeks.

They wed on New Years Day 2006 in a Buddhist ceremony then came to England to start their life together.

In July 2007, Kim also known as Saowapak gave birth to Jobe.

But soon afterwards their {relationship began to founder.

Sean says: "I came home one day from work to find Jobe alone in his cot. Kim had gone out shopping with a friend. I explained mums don't do that here but she kept doing it.

"After a while she was going out at night with her friends she claimed they wereparties for Thai women only. But when I picked her up one night I saw a group of men coming out of her friends house.

"After months of sleeping in separate bedrooms I asked for a divorce.

"On March 26 this year Kim fled the country, taking Jobe with her."

Sean says: "She called me two days later laughing and said she was home."

Police and a private investigator failed to find his son. Then he had his brainwave.

He says: "I lay in bed one night imagining Jobe alone and scared, living in squalor, and it occurred to me that I might be able to find Kim on Facebook.

"After trawling through dozens of Saowapaks her face popped up. She'd changed her surname but it was her.

"I knew she wouldn't accept a friend request from me so I came up with the idea of posing as a millionaire looking for love. I set up a fake account with a picture of a man with a Ferrari and sent her a friend request. She fell for it."

With access to her profile, Sean scoured it for clues to her whereabouts. When he came across photos of Kim with a French tourist, Sean contacted him and told him what had happened.

The Frenchman confirmed that Kim and Jobe were in a hut in a remote village in Chiang Rai.

Sean went to the High Court to get legal custody of his son then flew to Thailand, where police agreed to help him search for Jobe.

He says: "My heart was pounding as we entered the village."

As police surrounded the house, Sean called out for Jobe. Kim stumbled out and pointed indoors.

Sean says: "Jobe was in the corner. I could hardly speak. I managed to say, 'Hello son', and crawl towards him with my arms out.

"He looked scared to death at first but once he realised it was me he fell into my arms and kissed my cheek.

"His teeth were chipped and they'd cut his hair. He looked like an orphan. It was so emotional to hold him in my arms again."

Sean had one final sleepless night away from Jobe before Kim and her family handed him over at the local police station.

Sean says: "Afterwards Kim and I flew to Bangkok because she wanted us to spend a week together before I took Jobe home. I was on tenterhooks. I didn't trust her. I kept thinking she'd try and take him.

"She told me she'd let him go if I paid for us all to stay in a five-star hotel. She claimed she wanted to spend time with Jobe but I think she just wanted a free holiday. I didn't let her out of my sight."

Finally, Sean flew home with his son.

He says: "I ran as fast as I could to the plane, carrying Jobe. I didn't breathe properly until we landed.

"Now he's starting to look like the boy who disappeared six months ago. Every day he looks healthier. Every moment is so precious. I've cried tears of joy ever since getting him home."

He adds: "I thought my relationship with Kim was genuine, but I was a fool."

Last night Kim denied she would leave Jobe alone in the UK and said: "Sean wouldn't get my British citizenship for me. What was I supposed to do? I don't feel bad about taking Jobe to Thailand. He is my son and I love him. I might have done wrong in the UK, but in my country I haven't.

"I agreed to let Sean take him back to the UK because I know he will look after him.

"We both love Jobe and I don't want to fight any more. I still want to see my son. I hope to come soon."

That old saying - you can take the girl out of the bar but not the bar out of the girl. These women are trained to manipulate-this is their profession. Some of the men deserve what they get, others are just lonely and appreciate the new found attention and are sincere about their love.